The US-based Motorola is owned by the Chinese vendor Lenovo now. The brand has unveiled its new device i.e., the Motorola Edge Plus, as a Verizon exclusive. It gets a 6.7″ display, Snapdragon 865, 12GB RAM, 256GB ROM, quad rear cameras, 5000mAh battery, and runs on Android 10. If you are here, then you probably looking for the new software update for Motorola Edge Plus.
Now, if you’re using this handset and want to upgrade to the latest software version that you’ve missed earlier or didn’t get yet, then you’re in right place. Here we have provided the Motorola Edge Plus Software Update Tracker along with the firmware download links below.
Sometimes, users didn’t receive any particular software OTA update due to some server or carrier-related issues mostly. That only happens due to the incremental roll-out process by the smartphone OEMs. So, if you think that your device isn’t getting the latest software OTA updates automatically, then you can manually check for it by following our guide. We have shared the full list of software update details below. Now, head over to the device specifications at first before going to the update tracker.
Check and Verify Software Update
If you’re using the Motorola Razr 2019 model, then you can go to the device Settings > About phone > System updates > Restart Now. Make sure to follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update properly. Ensure that your phone battery is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
In order to check the current software version, you can go to the device Settings > About phone > Check the build number, Android version, baseband version, etc.
However, if in case, you don’t receive any software update notification on your device, then you can manually install the firmware version by following the guide below.
Motorola Edge Plus Overview
The Motorola Edge Plus sports a 6.7 inches AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, and a punch hole to the left. It has a screen-to-body ratio of 95.8 percent, an aspect ratio of 18:9, a pixel density of 385 PIxel Per Inch (PPI), a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, a screen refresh rate of 90Hz, and it is also HDR10+ compatible.
Coming to the internals of the Motorola Edge Plus, it sports the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, which is built on the 7nm process. This is an octa-core SoC, and the setup includes a single Kryo 585 core, which clocks at a higher speed i.e., at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz. And finally, four Kryo 585 core, which clocks at 1.80 GHz. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650, which clocks at 587 MHz. Further, this chipset pairs with 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage. There are no options for expandable storage. The device runs on the latest Android 10.
Coming to the optics, the Motorola Edge Plus sports a quad rear camera setup. This setup includes a primary 108MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor with an aperture value of f/1.8, PDAF, and OIS. This pairs with a secondary 8MP telephoto sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, and PDAF. Further, it gets a 16MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and a TOF 3D depth sensor. It gets a Dual-LED dual-tone flash and has support for shooting 8K videos. To the front, it gets a 25MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0. However, the front can only shoot videos in 1080p @ 30fps.
The Motorola Edge Plus packs a 5,000 mAh battery that comes with support for only 15W fast charging tech. Further, it gets support for 15W Fast Wireless Charging tech and 5W Reverse charging tech. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, and USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Sensors on board include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer. The device has an optical in-display fingerprint scanner and support for face unlock too.
Verizon Motorola Edge Plus Update Tracker
Here we have mentioned all the latest software update details with changelogs for the Verizon Motorola Razr variant. We will keep updating the tracker whenever a new update release for this model.
Android OS 11 Upgrade
Android 11 is optimized for how you use your phone. Say hello to new and improved powerful device controls, easier ways to manage conversations, privacy settings, and so much more, slated for your motorola smartphone. So what’s new on Android 11 on your motorola smartphone?
Better communicate with the people in your life with Conversations and Chat Bubbles. See, respond to, and control your conversations across multiple messaging apps. All in the same spot. Then select people you always chat with. These priority conversations show up on your lock screen. So you never miss anything important.
Control Connected Devices in One Place
Simple, streamlined device and media controls allow new ways to control your compatible connected devices. Set the temperature to chill, then dim your lights. All from a single spot on your phone. Just long press the power button to see and manage your connected devices. Making life at home that much easier.
Your Data, In Control
Decide how and when your data is shared by setting one-time permissions and other new features. Give one-time permissions to apps that need your mic, camera or location. The next time the app needs access, it must ask for permission again.
Performance improvements and security updates
The current software update provides the most up to date Android Security Patches on your device.
The current software update brings:
|QPBS30.188-48-15||What’s changing:The current software update:
This software update contains:
Steps to Install Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requisite and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC.
- This ROM file is only supported for the Motorola Edge Plus device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Motorola USB Drivers for Windows/MAC PC.
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC for the Fastboot Method.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root before doing anything.
Guide to Install: via ADB Sideload Method
- Now, navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Stock ROM for Motorola Edge Plus device from the download link given above and move it into the ADB folder.
- Then reboot your handset into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB from the Stock Recovery mode.
- Connect the phone with the PC via a USB cable, then open the command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now, type the below command and hit enter:
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- After complete installation, reboot the device.
- Wait patiently until the flashing process completes. You’re done.
Update Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
- Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 Times to enable Developer options.
- Next, go to the Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- After downloading the firmware file, move it to the device’s internal storage.
- Now, reboot into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Choose the downloaded zip file from the SD card.
- Wait until the installation process completes and then reboot the device.
Now, let’s assume that you’ve successfully upgraded your Motorola Edge Plus device to the latest software version. Facing any issue with the software update guide? Comment below.