The US-based Motorola is owned by the Chinese vendor Lenovo now. The brand has unveiled its new device i.e., the Motorola Edge Plus (codenamed burton), It also available as a Verizon exclusive. It gets a 6.7″ display, Snapdragon 865, 12GB RAM, 256GB ROM, quad rear cameras, 5000mAh battery, and runs on Android 10.
If you’re using a Motorola Edge Plus or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. If you want to install Stock Firmware, here we will share the latest Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware Collections [Stock ROM flash file]. We will share all the required download links for the latest firmware here along with the complete installation process.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, some times the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. By flashing a Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience like a new device.
- Motorola Edge Plus Specifications: Overview
- What is a Stock ROM?
- Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Motorola Edge Plus Stock ROM
- Steps to Install Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware:
- Update Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
Motorola Edge Plus Specifications: Overview
The Motorola Edge Plus sports a 6.7 inches AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, and a punch hole to the left. It has a screen to body ratio of 95.8 percent, an aspect ratio of 18:9, a pixel density of 385 PIxel Per Inch (PPI), a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, a screen refresh rate of 90Hz, and it is also HDR10+ compatible.
Coming to the internals of the Motorola Edge Plus, it sports the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, which is built on the 7nm process. This is an octa-core SoC, and the setup includes a single Kryo 585 core, which clocks at a higher speed i.e., at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz. And finally, four Kryo 585 core, which clocks at 1.80 GHz. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650, which clocks at 587 MHz. Further, this chipset pairs with 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage. There are no options for expandable storage. The device runs on the latest Android 10.
Coming to the optics, the Motorola Edge Plus sports a quad rear camera setup. This setup includes a primary 108MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor with an aperture value of f/1.8, PDAF, and OIS. This pairs with a secondary 8MP telephoto sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, and PDAF. Further, it gets a 16MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and a TOF 3D depth sensor. It gets a Dual-LED dual-tone flash and has support for shooting 8K videos. To the front, it gets a 25MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0. However, the front can only shoot videos in 1080p @ 30fps.
The Motorola Edge Plus packs a 5,000 mAh battery that comes with support for only 15W fast charging tech. Further, it gets support for 15W Fast Wireless Charging tech and 5W Reverse charging tech. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, and USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Sensors on board include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer. The device has an optical in-display fingerprint scanner and support for face unlock too.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your Motorola Edge Plus device may get bricked or stuck in bootloop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything in track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the Motorola Edge Plus or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on the open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing a Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on Motorola Edge Plus.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
Motorola Edge Plus Stock ROM
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Motorola Edge Plus variant India: XT2061-3
|QPBS30.188-58-2||Android 2020 Security Patch|
|QPB30.188-58||Android 2020 Security Patch|
Verizon Motorola Edge Plus variant VZW: XT2061-1
Motorola Edge Plus Canada variant RETCA: XT2061-3
Motorola Edge Plus Retail variant:
|QPBS30.188-58-2||Android 2020 Security Patch|
Steps to Install Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware:
Before installing, make sure to follow the pre-requirements and the tools or drivers to download and install properly on your computer.
- This ROM file is only supported for Motorola Edge Plus (burton) device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
- Download and install the latest Motorola USB Drivers for Windows/MAC PC.
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC for the Fastboot Method.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root before doing anything.
Guide to Install: via ADB Sideload Method
- Now, navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Stock ROM for Motorola Edge Plus device from the download link given above and move it into the ADB folder.
- Then reboot your handset into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB from the Stock Recovery mode.
- Connect the phone with the PC via a USB cable, then open the command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now, type the below command and hit enter:
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- After complete installation, reboot the device.
- Wait patiently until the flashing process completes. You’re done.
Update Motorola Edge Plus Stock Firmware via Recovery (Manually)
- Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 Times to enable Developer options.
- Next, go to the Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- After downloading the firmware file, move it to the device internal storage.
- Now, reboot into Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Choose the downloaded zip file from SD card.
- Wait until the installation process completes and then reboot the device.
That’s it! We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed Stock Firmware on Motorola Edge Plus device. If you have any queries, feel free to write down in the comments below.