Magic: The Gathering Arena (MTG Arena) is one of the popular free-to-play digital collectible card video games that has been developed and published by Wizards of the Coast. It’s available for Android, Mac, iOS, and Windows platforms where mostly the PC players are unfortunate enough to experience multiple issues whatsoever. While some players are having the MTG Arena Asset Error Detected Issue after the recent Streets of New Capenna (SNC) update.
Now, if you’re also facing the same issue for a while, and want to fix it manually without waiting further then you’re in the right place. Here we’ve shared with you a couple of possible workarounds that should gonna help you a lot. Though plenty of MTG Arena players are facing multiple issues that basically prevent them from getting into the game properly, the specific “Asset error detected” message is bothering players on both iOS and PC versions.
Fix: MTG Arena Asset Error Detected Issue
According to multiple reports online, the Magic: The Gathering Arena (MTG Arena) game ‘Asset error detected: Arena will relaunch to verify asset contents’ error message typically appears to the players every time they try launching the game. It becomes annoying and one of the widespread issues which is a big concern. Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below after some research that can most probably resolve it until the patch arrives.
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below. Do keep in mind that the particular guide may not come in handy to everyone in some scenarios. If that happens then you’ll have to wait for the official patch update to arrive by the developers. There is nothing you can do at your end.
1. Change System Language to ‘English’
First of all, you should try changing the system language to ‘English’ if it’s set to a different language. Some of the affected MTG Arena players did find this workaround useful enough to fix the issue temporarily.
However, if the trick didn’t come in handy for the Windows users then make sure to change the ‘Regional Format’ of your PC to ‘English’. To do that:
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu > Go to Settings.
- Click on Time & Language > Go to Language & Region.
- Here you’ll have to click on the ‘Regional Format’ option and set it to ‘English (United Kingdom)’.
Note: You can also try changing the ‘English Dictionary’ to the ‘U.S.’ to cross-check the issue.
If in case, you’re facing the same issue with your iOS device then you can do the following steps:
- Tap on the Settings app > Scroll down a bit and select General.
- Now, scroll down the page a bit > Tap on Language & Region.
- Here you’ll have to set the iPhone Language to ‘English’. [If any other language is selected]
Try launching the MTG Arena game again to check for the issue. If the problem persists then you can try selecting the United States or the United Kingdom from Region.
2. Try Overwrite Asset Files with file size zero
Some of your Files didn’t download well which may cause multiple issues with the game loading or even in-game asset detecting errors. You can try to overwrite the asset files with filesize zero from the installed game directory.
You can find out C:\Program Files\Wizards of the Coast\MTGA\MTGA_Data\Downloads\AssetBundle directory on your PC by default. If you’ve installed the game on a different drive or location then navigate to the respective location. Here you’ll find out a couple of corrupted asset files with the zero file size which means those asset files don’t have an item or content. As a result, your MTG Arena game will also become unable to detect any kind of assets.
- If you also find out one or multiple .mtga extension asset files inside the AssetBundle folder with zero file size then make sure to copy all files to a different drive as backup data.
- Now, you can try overwriting those files with the corresponding ones from the other installed game directory.
3. Try Uninstalling and Reinstalling MTG Arena
You should uninstall and reinstall the MTG Arena video game on your PC or iOS device to check if the problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and search for it > Click on it from the result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for the MTG Arena game.
- Click on the title and select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Next, head over to the game’s official website.
- Here you can grab the latest version of the game/installer on your PC > Start installing MTG Arena.
- Tap and hold the MTG Arena game icon > Select Remove App.
- If it prompts, tap on Delete App to uninstall the game from your iPhone.
- Once uninstalled, restart the mobile, and install the MTG Arena game again from App Store.
4. Contact Support
If none of the methods did help you then make sure to simply contact Wizards of the Coast technical support for further assistance. We’ll recommend you submit the resolution ticket to the team so that they can investigate the issue and respond to you quickly. It’ll also help the game developers to work hard on this bug and they will definitely try to release a patch fix soon.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
Hello, I recognize that this thread is old, but since I did not find a working solution online, I will share what worked for me on Mac OS Ventura:
Follow the steps above, but if you cannot find the 7gb com.wizards.mtga folder, try using DiskInventoryX or another disk scan program to find all files. I could not find it through Spotlight, or Finder even with hidden files showing. It is exactly where it is described above, but it is not visible for some reason.
I found it, deleted it, reinstalled through Epic Games, and it initiated downloading the required files.
As I was typing this up, I also found it by:
In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu. Library will appear below the current user’s home directory. <—Make sure to click on your username. Note: After you open the Library folder, you can drag the Library icon from the top of that window to the Dock, sidebar, or toolbar to make it readily accessible"