Myth of Empires is an online multiplayer sandbox video game that offers massive battles, building fortresses, siege enemy cities, establishing own empire, and more. Angela Game has done a great job by launching this game in November 2021 that has gathered positive responses on Steam. However, some unfortunate players are really unable to launch and play the Myth of Empires game because of the BattleEye Launcher DLL Error on the PC.
Those who don’t know ‘BattleEye’ is a proactive anti-cheat protection system that includes a strong shield around the entire game. With this launcher, it protects your game from hacking, cheating, etc even during the gameplay. If BattlEye detects cheating on a player’s system, it can instantly notify the respective game team and put your account on the ban list either temporarily or permanently. But some innocent players may also get affected.
Fix: Myth of Empires BattleEye Launcher DLL Error
So, if your BattleEye Launcher is crashing or throws out the DLL error then make sure to follow the methods below.
1. Delete the version.dll file
First of all, you should try deleting the version.dll file on your Windows computer to check for the issue.
2. Reinstall Steam
You can try reinstalling the latest version of the Steam client on your PC to apply changes. Sometimes reinstalling the game client can fix multiple issues with the glitch or cache data issue. First, head over to the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Select Steam and click on Uninstall. Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
Then head over to this link and download the latest version of Steam on your PC > Install the client > Sign in to your account and reinstall the game.
3. Fix DLL files
It’s also recommended to fix corrupted or missing DLL files on your Windows computer by following the steps below.
- Go to Tencent PC Manager > Click on Tools.
- Select Computer Clinic > Click on Software Problem.
- Now, click on Fix DLL Files, and wait for the process to be completed.
- Finally, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Uninstall Tencent PC Manager
In another way, you can simply uninstall Tencent PC Manager on your PC and restart the Myth of Empires game again to check if the BattleEye Launcher DLL Error has been resolved or not.
5. Update Windows
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
6. Verify Game Files
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Myth of Empires from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files > You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer, and check for the issue again.
7. Reinstall Myth of Empires
If none of the methods worked for you then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Myth of Empires game on your PC by following the steps below. To do so:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Myth of Empires from the left pane > Go to Manage.
- Select Uninstall > Click on Uninstall again from the confirmation dialog box.
- Wait for the process to be completed > Once done, make sure to reboot the computer to apply changes.
- Finally, open Steam again > Go to Store > Download and Install the Myth of Empires game.
- Start playing the game. Enjoy!
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.