NBA 2K23 arrived in September, and due to its high popularity, the football video game crossed millions of downloads soon after its release. The latest NBA series is available for Windows, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. The NBA 2K23 offers better visual elements and gameplay, but some errors and bugs spoil the fun. As reported by many users, the NBA 2K23 is running into an error code 727e66ac. If this error code is also ruining your NBA 2K23 gaming experience, keep reading this guide, as we’ll look at a few easy methods to fix it.
There could be many reasons you are getting error code 727e66ac on NBA 2K23. But, in most cases, the problem surfaces when there are network connection issues. It could be related to your internet connection. Sometimes, players get the error message when NBA’s servers are busy or under maintenance.
Thankfully, a few nifty workarounds exist to fix the NBA 2K23 Error Code 727e66ac. Without further ado, let’s look at them.
NBA 2K23 Error Code 727e66ac, How to Fix?
The error code 727e66ac is not new for NBA users. It has surfaced in NBA 2K21 and 2K22 as well. Thus, we already know how to get it fixed. Below are the solutions to eliminate this error code on NBA 2K23. You do not need to try all the solutions. Simply keep testing them until you find the one that does the trick.
1. Check NBA 2K Server Status
Whenever a new game or a new edition is released, players jump on the bandwagon to download the game as early as possible. It creates a heavy load on the servers, which may not allow some users to access the game and may throw error codes. The problem could also occur if the servers are under maintenance.
In case the servers are down, you can not do anything. You can only wait for the developers to fix it. It can take 2-4 hours. In bad cases, it may take a little longer. You should launch the page after the specified time and check if the problem has been fixed.
2. Check Your Internet Status
Despite any server issues, if you are still getting the error code 727e66ac on NBA 2K23, ensure your internet connection is stable and fast. Playing the NBA 2K23 football game requires an active and stable internet connection. Otherwise, it can run into issues or throw error codes like the one you are dealing with.
Restart your router and relaunch the launch if you are not getting a stable internet connection. You can contact your internet service provider if it does not work.
3. Update the Game
Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the game. Generally, when many users report the same problem, developers look into the issue and release a fix in the form of a software update. Hence, updating NBA 2K23 can fix the error code 727e66ac.
Steps to update NBA 2K23 on Xbox One, Series X/S:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select My Apps and Games.
- Search for NBA 2K23 and tap on More Options.
- Choose Manage Games and Add-ons.
- Select Updates.
The console will look for new updates. If found, it will start downloading the latest update. If you do not see an update, you have already installed the latest version.
Steps to update NBA 2K23 on Nintendo Switch:
- Choose NBA 2K23 from the home screen.
- Press + to open Game Options.
- Choose Software Update from the left menu.
- Select Via the Internet.
Steps to update NBA 2K23 on PC:
To update NBA 2K23 on your PC, open the 2K23 page on Steam, and the app will tell you if a new version is available.
Steps to update NBA 2K23 on PS:
- Navigate to NBA 2K23 from the home screen.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Check for Update.
4. Restart Your Device
The game might run into problems if it is affected by bugs or system glitches. You do not have to worry too much in this case, as these minor bugs can be easily fixed by rebooting the device. You should reboot your device and check if NBA 2K23 can run without the error code 727e55ac.
Steps to reboot your PC:
- Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner.
- Click on the power icon and select Restart.
Alternatively, you can press Alt+ F4 and reset Restart to do the same.
Steps to reboot your PlayStation:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to open the Control Center.
- Tap on the power icon.
- Select Restart PS4 / Restart PS5.
Steps to reboot your Xbox console:
- Press the Xbox button on your console to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up.
- Choose Restart now.
5. Change DNS Address
Changing the DNS settings can resolve connectivity issues with the game. This is a slightly advanced workaround. You should therefore follow the steps carefully.
- On your PS, go to Settings > Network and choose Settings from the left menu.
- Click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Tap on choose your network and select Advanced Settings.
- Under the DNS Settings, choose Manual.
- Change the Primary DNS to 220.127.116.11.
- Now, change the Secondary DNS to 18.104.22.168.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Navigate to System > Settings > Network.
- Select Network Settings and tap on Advanced Settings.
- Under the DNS Settings, choose Manual.
- Change the Primary DNS value to 22.214.171.124 and the Secondary DNS value to 126.96.36.199.
The NBA 2K23 Error Code 727e66ac is ruining the player’s excitement. In this guide, we went through a few solutions that should fix this error code. I hope these solutions were useful to you. How did you fix the problem? How is your experience with NBA 2K23? Share your thoughts in the comments below.