Norton Antivirus is one of the best and most reliable system security software available today. This software protects your computer from harmful viruses, malware, adware and allows users to streamline their operations. However, like any other software and program, it as well is not left alone from glitches, issues, and errors. One such repeatedly reported issue is the “Norton Security Settings Won’t open” issue.
As per a lot of Norton Security users, while using the software, they were not able to navigate to the Settings section, or the Settings section won’t open in the first place. The issue isn’t very serious and can get fixed with a few simple and quick troubleshooting hacks. Have a look:
How to fix Norton Security Settings Won’t Open issue?
Fix 1: Restart your PC:
One of the simplest ways of tackling the Norton Security Settings won’t open issue is to restart the computer. This is the best solution that you must try, especially if you have just finished installing Norton 360. All you need to do is:
- Press the Start Menu
- Then click on the power button and select Restart.
Once rebooted there is a fair chance that Norton will start functioning properly without displaying any issues
Fix 2. Disable Fast Startup:
Another way to fix the Norton Security Settings Won’t Open issue is by disabling the Fast Startup option in your windows 10 (by default Fast Startup feature will be enabled in every Windows computer). For doing so, follow the steps given below;
- Firstly, launch the RUN dialogue box by pressing Windows + R altogether.
- Then type Control.exe and press Enter. The control panel will open now.
- Here change the View by option to Small icons and then go to the Power options.
- Now you have to Select Choose what the power buttons does option.
- Then click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- If the User Account Control window prompts, press YES to continue.
- Thereafter beneath Shutdown settings, uncheck the tick box besides the option Turn On fast startup box. Then click on the Save Changes button.
- Finally, restart your system and the issue might get solved by now.
Fix 3. Remove and Reinstall Norton 360:
Sometimes there can be a problem with the antivirus installation process and might trigger the Norton Security Settings Won’t Open issue. Hence it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the software for proper functioning. For doing so, follow the steps given below;
- You have to download the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
- After you go through the license agreement and finally click on Agree.
- After that, select the option Remove & Reinstall.
- Now, click Continue or Remove (depends on the version, the option varies).
- Here, select the Restart Now button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions for the reinstall process.
- Once done, restart your PC. After the restarts, the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool automatically install the latest version of the software.
Note: Norton Remove and Reinstall is a tool that was made to help Norton users to reinstall the antivirus.
Fix 4. Use another third-party antivirus:
In case none of the methods are coming in handy, the ideal option is to switch to other reliable third-party antivirus software. That reliable antivirus software keeps your system safe from malware, spyware, and other threats. You can find several such software online, download anyone and install it on your system.
Resolving the Norton Security Settings Won’t open issue is an easy task, and we hope that the above fixes would have helped you resolve the same. After following this set of fixes, you will be able to use the Settings section of Norton Security swiftly again.
Norton Security is an important antivirus, and thus we recommend you resolve any error related to it as quickly as possible. By the end of the article, we hope you will find all the information mentioned here as helpful and relevant. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.