Since the Oculus Quest 2 has been out, people have been facing issues with the device lagging when connected to a PC. In this guide, we will talk about the issue, why you are facing that issue, and what troubleshooting ways you can fix it.
Oculus Quest 2, a Virtual Reality headset from Facebook, is now available for sale on Amazon and other online shopping websites for $350 (without offers). This device is your window to virtual reality. The successor of the first Oculus Quest is having some issues of its own. We are here to talk about a fix to the problem faced by Oculus Quest 2 users.
Fix: Oculus Quest 2 Lagging When Connected To PC
When the virtual reality headset was released in September 2020, Oculus Quest 2, was on everyone’s mind. Many people have reported that the Oculus Quest 2 has so many bugs, and that is why it lags too much when you connect it to your PC. But why is it lagging? There must be some issues either on your side or on the device.
Method 1: Check Oculus Compatibility
An obvious problem is the compatibility issue. If your computer is not compatible with the Oculus Quest 2. So, please check the specs requirements for the smooth operation of the Oculus Quest 2 on your device.
Specs Requirement for compatibility of the Oculus Quest
- Intel i5 or the AMD Ryzen 5 as Minimum Processor Requirement
- RAM: 8GB
- Windows 10 Operating System
- USB ports (To connect your device with the USB port)
Method 2: Check Oculus Cable
If your Oculus Quest is still lagging then it might be an issue with the cable you are using to connect the Oculus Quest with your PC. If you are using the cheap third party cable to connect your VR with the PC then you may find a lag issue. The only fix to this problem is finding a better third party cable from the market.
Method 3: Issues with Graphics Setup
The recommended refresh rate of the Oculus Quest 2 is 72Hz. But there is desktop software that lets you adjust the graphics settings of your device, so there is a possibility that you have blown the refresh rate of the device and its resolution too, which is causing the device to lag. The special program is to tune your graphics for the best view in your virtual world.
- Open the Oculus software on your desktop.
- Locate your device on the left side of the software.
- Click on the “Wuest and Touch” option and select the”Graphic Preference” option.
- Check if you exceeded the refresh rate, and set it to 72 Hz if it is set to 90 Hz or more.
- Toggle off the automatic option for the “Rendering Resolution” option.
- Set the rendering Resolution to the lowest option available in the software.
Method 4: Change Sound Output
The sound output of the computer is set to Oculus Quest 2. So the device may lag as it has to do the sound output of the device too. You can set your sound output to the speaker of your choice to remove the lagging of the device.
Steps to change the speaker output of your PC to the speaker of your choice:
- Search Volume in the Start Menu.
- See if the sound output of your PC is set to the Oculus Quest 2. Change it to the speaker of your choice.
- NOw in the Oculus Quest software set “Hear VR audio on desktop” to On HEar computer audio in VR headset to off.
Method 5: Update Graphics Card Drivers
If you are still facing the lagging issue, then it might be the problem with the graphics card driver. Heck if the drivers you have installed on your device are updated or not. If your graphic driver is outdated, you may get an issue with the compatibility of the Oculus Quest 2.
Steps to check for the Graphic card drivers update:
- Search for the control panel in the start menu.
- Click on the System and Security and then click on the windows update.
- Click on the check updates.
- Look for the graphic card driver installed on your PC and select their drivers and click on install.
Method 6: Contact Oculus Support
If none of the above methods help you, then most probably it can be a hardware issue. In such cases, you should contact Oculus support, and they will help you with a device replacement if yoru device is still in the warranty period.
There may be various reasons behind the lag of the Oculus Quest 2 VR, and there are different ways to fix them too, but we selected the most common issue and the fix to them as well to get your device to work smoothly again.