Microsoft Office can majorly help with official documents such as PDF and WORD files for documentation purposes. But it may throw you errors. Namely – Office has detected a problem with this file if either the file is corrupted or some installation issues with Microsoft Office.
Recently, users encounter numerous problems in Microsoft Office applications after upgrading to the latest version of Windows. If we talk about this error, many users reported that they came across an error whenever they try to open a file using Microsoft office. This means either the file is corrupted or there are some issues with Microsoft office suits itself. It would be best if you went through several fixes that we mentioned below to fix the issue. So, let’s see how to fix this.
Fix: Office Has Detected A Problem With This File | Microsoft Office
Luckily, we have a couple of workaround for you, which may help you fix this issue. If you want to fix the error, then carefully follow the steps given below.
Fix 1: Disable The Protected View option
- First of all, you need to run the Microsoft Excel application. Then, select the File tab.
- After that, head towards the Excel Options window and click on Trust Center.
- Now, tap on the Trust Settings option, and in the next window, select the Protected View option.
- It would be best to disable the “Enable Protected View for file originating from the Internet” option.
That’s it. Whenever you open an excel file, it automatically opens it in the normal view instead of a protected view.
Fix 2: Update Microsoft Excel Application
- The first and foremost step is to open Microsoft Excel on your PC and then tap on the File tab.
- Then, hover over towards the Product information. Then, select the Update option.
- After that, to check for updates, click on the Update Now button.
That’s it. Now, please wait until it checks for Updates. However, if any update is available for you, it will automatically download and install the updates.
Fix 3: Repair Microsoft Excel
- Initially, you need to search for the Control panel in the Cortana search bar.
- Then, select the Uninstall Program to open the list of programs that are installed on your PC.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Office Suite and double-click on it.
- After that, a pop-up window will appear. You need to select the Change option from the pop-up menu and then tap on the Repair button.
- Now, wait for a while until the repairing process is completed. Then, you’ll see various malfunctions is fixed after the repairing process.
Fix 4: Add a Trusted Located For The File
- First of all, you need to open your Office application from the Start menu.
- After that, click on the File and choose the Options menu.
- Now, all you need to do is head towards the Trust Center and click on the Trust Center Settings.
- Then, tap on the Trusted Locations and add a new location.
- After that, click on the Browse option to find out the folder that causes the problem and hit the OK button.
The most probable cause of this issue remains with computer files. So make sure to download the files again if it shows you any error messages. If you are still unable to fix this issue by following the above troubleshooting methods, you may uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft office again.