On this page, we will guide you on how to install the official stock ROM flash file on your OnePlus 5. Well, the device came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat which is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. It received the official Android 10 update recently. This guide will be helpful to unbrick or fix any software issues on your device.
To install the firmware flash file on OnePlus 5, you need to download the adb and fastboot drivers. This method is simple and easy. We have also added video and step-by-step tutorials to make things easier to flash the firmware file.
OnePlus 5 Device Overview
OnePlus 5 sports 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and comes with onboard storage of 64/128 GB. No MicroSD card support.
OnePlus 5 comes with Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, 24mm, EIS (gyro) + 20 MP, f/2.6 at the rear with an aperture and comes with OIS, 1.6x optical zoom, phase detection autofocus, and LED flash, it also has 16 MP at the front for selfie shoot. The smartphone will come out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat wrapped under Oxygen OS. OnePlus 5 supports dual sim and has Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Fingerprint (front), and GPS.
OnePlus 5 Firmware Flash File
|Firmware Version||OS||Download Link|
|OxygenOS 10.0.1||10.0||Click Here|
Steps to Flash OnePlus 5 Stock Firmware
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now on your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold the Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOSZip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs for OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.