From this post, you could download and install the latest Android 12 stable update for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and 7 Pro 5G devices. Now that Google has released the stable build of its latest iteration of OS called Android 12.0, many OEMs are quick to jump into this bandwagon. Going by the track record of OnePlus, it is no surprise that they have released the update for their latest flagships as well. This new OxygenOS 12 update would bring in a plethora of noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new “Material You” design is going to bring in quite a few UI changes. Likewise, there’s a new Privacy Dashboard from where you could easily manage all the app permissions. Even the Quick Settings toggles have undergone a major overhaul. And all these features could now make a permanent abode on your device. Given here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 12 update for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and 7 Pro 5G devices.
Download Android 12 for OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and 7 Pro 5G
Before we start off with the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to checkmark. Make sure your device qualifies all these requirements, as mentioned below:
- First and foremost, take a complete device backup. This is because updating from Stable official (MP version) or Open Beta (OBT Version) to the Android 12 build will erase all the data from your device.
- Your device should also have a minimum of 3GB of free storage space.
- Make sure to keep your device sufficiently charged, so that it doesn’t turn off midway through the process.
- Do keep in mind that carrier version devices such as TMO and VZW aren’t compatible with these Developer Preview builds.
You may now download the Android 12 for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and 7 Pro 5G devices from the below links:
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro
How to Install Android 12 on OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and 7 Pro 5G
- To begin with, transfer the downloaded package to your device.
- Then head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Scroll to System and tap on System Updates.
- Then tap on the gear icon situated at the top right and select Local Upgrade.
- Navigate to the downloaded update file and select it.
- Now hit the Upgrade button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Restart. Your device will now reboot to the latest OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to download and install the latest Android 12 update for the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, and 7 Pro 5G. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks some that you should check out as well.