OnePlus has finally launched its OnePlus 8 successor known as OnePlus 8T with a much-upgraded camera, processor, display, refresh rate, and design. The device came out of the box with Android 11 out of the box.
If you’re using a OnePlus 8T or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. If you want to flash the firmware file, here we will share the latest OnePlus 8T firmware flash file. We will share all the required download links for the latest firmware here along with the complete installation process.
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, sometimes the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. By flashing Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience like a new device.
OnePlus 8T Specifications: Overview
The OnePlus 8T handset comes with a 6.55-inches Fluid AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ display that offers 1080×2400 pixels resolution quality. It has a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Always-on display mode, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 support, etc. While the device is equipped with the latest flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, paired with Adreno 650 GPU, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage option.
It runs on Android 11 on top of OxygenOS 11 out of the box which is a good thing for the users. The handset sports a quad rear camera setup that consists of a 48MP (wide, f/1.7) + a 16MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 5MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens that also features PDAF, OIS, HDR, Panorama, Dual-LED flash, etc. While the device packs a single 16MP (wide, f/2.4) selfie camera on the top left corner of the display (punch-hole design).
There is no 3.5mm audio jack but the rest of the major connectivity options are available like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6 (dual-band), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, A-GPS (dual-band), GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS, NFC, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. While the OnePlus 8T sports a 4,500mAh battery with 65W fast charging. On the other side, an optical under-display fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, barometer, compass sensors are also present in this device.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your OnePlus 8T device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything on track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the OnePlus 8T or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the OnePlus 8T.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
OnePlus 8T Firmware Flash Files
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on OnePlus 8T
Before installing the stock ROM on your OnePlus 8T, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements at first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus 8T model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 8T device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
If you want to install the Stock ROM on your OnePlus 8T handset manually, then follow the below-mentioned guide properly. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method in order to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.Guide to Install Stock ROM on OnePlus Devices via ADB Sideloading
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your OnePlus 8T device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.