Updated on August 17, 2020: Today Oppo rolled July 2020 security patch with software version CPH1879_11_F.07. The update is now live for Indian user.
Updated on May 14, 2020: After recently Today Oppo rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Oppo R17 Pro (CPH1879EX) globally. The update labeled with build number CPH1879EX_11.C.12 which is is based on Android 9.0 Pie. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Oppo R17 Pro.
Updated on April 15, 2020: Oppo R17 received a new security patch for March 2020 month with build number CPH1879EX_11.C.11. The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users globally. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6. If you haven’t received this update, then make sure to check for the OTA update manually. The device will soon receive Android 10 on their device. Read more about ColorOS 7 for Oppo R17 based on Android 10.
As we know, the OTA update carries in a phase-wise manner, it may take a week or a month to complete the rollout process for every user base. If you haven’t received the update, then either you can check for the update manually or install the firmware manually. To install the firmware manually, you need to download the firmware with the same build number on your device.
Currently, Oppo R17 is receiving March 2020 Security patch level and there are no major changes apart from bug fixes and improvements. The latest OTA update weighs approximately 211mb in size, it may vary based on whether or not you installed the last iteration.
Table of Contents
- Release date: 29/3/2020
- Android version: 10.0
- Model: CPH1879EX
- Region: India
- Software: ColorOS 7
- Security patch level (SPL): July, 2020
- Build number: CPH1879_11_F.07
- File size: 250MB
Check Software Update on Oppo R17?
We already have a guide on how to check software updates manually on the Oppo device. You can follow either the video protocol or you just simply go into Settings > System > System Update.
If the latest patch update is available on your device, you can download and install it on your device. Additionally, make sure to connect your phone to Wi-Fi and keep charged more than 60% at least.
Downloads and Changelog
• Added the July 2020 Android security patch to enhance system security.[System]
• Added the wireless printing feature: images and PDF files can be printed wirelessly. (To use this feature, go to “Settings – Other wireless connections – Print”.)
• You can now sync the volume level set on your Bluetooth device to your phone. (To use this feature, go to “Settings – Bluetooth”, tap the icon in the upper-right corner, then tap “Advanced settings” and turn on “Media volume sync”.
• Added the “Personalisations” option in “Settings”.
• Improved system stability.
How to install Oppo R17 update manually
Before going to the firmware installation process, let’s follow the requirements and download the firmware file as well.
- This OTA file is exclusive for Oppo R17 and your device should be using the Stock Firmware.
- Take a full backup of phone data to keep it safe.
- You need to download and install Oppo USB Drivers
- The battery should be charged up to 60%.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this helpful. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.