The next-gen OPPO Reno3 Pro has been launched in China very recently with plenty of improvements and changes to the device and its features. The device is the successor version of the Reno2 series and offers a stunning display with curved edges just like Samsung’s flagship devices. It has a punch-hole camera for the selfies and the display offers a 90Hz refresh rate, new SDM675G SoC, and more. Here we will know whether the OPPO Reno 3 Pro will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11) update.
Google has finally pushed the Android 11 Beta update, the official public version of the software isn’t likely to land until the end of the year at least. All Pixel devices(except the first-gen pixel) are now eligible to download the update or take the top after opting for the Beta program.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status of Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched OPPO Reno 3 Pro. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding OPPO Reno 3 Pro Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in December 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick OPPO Reno 3 Pro Specs
The device comes with a 6.5-inches AMOLED Full-HD+ display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution. It offers more than 89% screen-to-body ratio, 402 ppi pixel density, a 90Hz refresh rate, 1100 nits brightness, DCI-P3 color gamut, and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It’s powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 SoC and paired with Adreno 620 GPU. The handset runs on Android 10 over ColorOS 7 skin.
It packs 8GB/12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of internal storage option. There is no expandable storage option available. It sports a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP primary (wide, f/1.7) + a 13MP (telephoto, f/2.4) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (B/W, f/2.4) lens. The rear cameras support PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, etc. While the front packs a 32MP punch-hole selfie camera on the upper left corner of the display with a wide-angle f/2.4 lens.
The device includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (dual-band), USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, etc. While there are some of the major sensors also available like an in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensor. It packs a 4,025mAh battery with 30W fast charging support.
Will OPPO Reno 3 Pro Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on January 30, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the December 2020 security patch for the device with build number CPH2035_11_A.33. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on Dec 08, 2020: Good news for all the Oppo Reno3 Pro 4G handset users as the company has released the second batch of the ColorOS 11 beta update for the Oppo Reno3 series devices based on Android 11. It’s worth mentioning that a quota of 4,000 users has been declared for the Oppo Reno3 and Reno3 Pro model. The update batch will be available for the Indonesia, India, and Malaysia regions.
Though the initial batch of ColorOS 11 update isn’t stable enough and has multiple bugs or issues, the interested Reno3 series users can jump into the beta program and apply for it to join as early as possible. Make sure that your device should be running on the CPH2035PU_11_A.23 or CPH2035PU_11_A.25 software version to become eligible to apply for the beta program. You can visit this link to know more about it and the steps to apply it.
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for OPPO Reno 3 Pro, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since OPPO Reno 3 Pro was launched with Android 10 out of the box, and it will receive the next 2 major updates; Android 11 R and Android 12.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.