If you’re an advanced Android user and loves to customize your device or flashing custom files, you have definitely heard about TWRP or even used it most probably. But now you can use another fully-featured Custom Recovery called Pitch Black Recovery. It has been developed for improved user experience than TWRP with better customizations, themes, and features. It’s worth mentioning that the Pitch Black Recovery is based on TWRP Recovery. The recovery just works similarly like TWRP and offers some additional features that you will find useful. If you’re using the Poco M2 Pro device and want to use a fully-featured improved custom recovery, then check out this full guide. Here we have shared the steps to Download and Install Pitch Black Recovery for Poco M2 Pro device. We have also shared the requirements below in order to install the custom recovery properly.
The Pitch Black Recovery creates a bridge between the user and the device in order to complete the gap. Thanks to one of the XDA Developers senior members ChaitanayaMittal for sharing this guide and Pitch Black Recovery image & zip for Poco M2 Pro. With this recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, zip files, backup & restore data, and more.
Now, let’s take a look at the Pitch Black Recovery overview with its advantages below.
Table of Contents
Pitch Black Recovery
Pitch Black Recovery Project (PBRP) is a Custom Recovery that is purely based on TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). But it has a lot of extra features than TWRP Recovery. A group of developers has developed the Pitch Black Recovery Project (PBRP) that offers better customizations and options.
It allows you to install Custom ROMs, Custom Recovery files, third-party Modules, enable Camrea2API, flashing root files, and more. Meanwhile, you can also create backup & restore, mount & wipe storage, sideload ADB, and more. Check out its advantages below.
- Support MIUI OTA Updates
- Treble and Non-Treble ROMs supported
- Full dark theme with changeable accents and texts
- Up-to-date with Android Pie
- Organized menus
- Misc tool includes
- SuperSU installer and remover
- Magisk installer and remover
- Universal flashable file for all variant of a device
- Supports multilingual
- Backup, Restore, Mount, Wipe
- ADB Sideload, Terminal, MTP fix, App Delete, PIN remover
- So on…
So, let’s check out how to install Pitch Black recovery for Poco M2 Pro.
|Pitch Black Recovery Changelog:|
v3.0.0 - Fully Redesigned UI - Added new Keychecks While Flashing PBRP or recovery.img or Ramdisk - Fully Redesigned Website https://pitchblackrecovery.com - New Android like Power Menu (Activated via power key hold) - Flashlight toggled by Vol up(+) on hold - New Scrollable Advanced menu - Totally Redesigned Icons - Removed old unnecessary Theming Stuff - Tested on almost all handy Resolutions - Flashlight toggle on Lockscreen - More checks for SAR/Non-SAR\ - New Navbar - Support on almost all Android version (5.0+) - Update ozip decrypt - Fix up ozip print logs & take all paths - Update FUNDING.yml - Fixed encrypted removal checks & buttons - Add Flag for disabling treble compatibility by default - Is_Data_Wiped: Simplify function signature - Unified AB_OTA_UPDATER - Change AB device log storage to /data/recovery - Delay start if specified in board - Optimize touchscreen driver initialization delay. v2.9.0 - Update kernel - Update DM Verity Logic - Update magisk - Update unroot magisk - Some bug fixed
Steps to Install Pitch Black Recovery for Poco M2 Pro
Before starting the installation process, make sure to check out all the pre-requirements and download links at first. After following all the requirements, you can proceed to the fastboot installation method below.
- Both the guide and recovery files are supported for the Poco M2 Pro (gram) device only.
- You will have to unlock the bootloader on Poco M2 Pro before doing anything.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable are required.
- Maintain the phone battery more than 60% at least.
- Install the Latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows and For Mac.
Fastboot Installation Process
- First of all, you need to connect your Poco M2 Pro device to the computer.
- Then go to the Fastboot mode from your device. [Switch off > Press and hold Power + Volume Up button for a few seconds]
- Download the recovery.img file from the link given above and copy it to the installed ADB folder on your computer something like this. (C: > Program Files > ADB & Fastboot)
- Now, press Shift+ right-click on the blank area into the folder and open Command Windows.
- Next, type the below command in the command window to check whether the device is connected in fastboot mode or not:
- If you get a device serial number on your screen, you’re good to go. Otherwise, reconnect your device again in fastboot mode and make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Now, type another command mentioned below and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery <pbrp-recovery.img>
- Next, type the last command to boot into recovery:
fastboot boot <pbrp-recovery.img>
- It will boot your device into the Pitch Black Recovery interface. Next, follow the below process.
Step 2: Zip Flashing
- Now, the Pitch Black Recovery Menu will open. Go to Install > Locate and select the Pitch Black Recovery zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
- Restart your device.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully flashed PBRP.
We hope that this easy guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the PBRP on the Poco M2 Pro device. For any queries, you can write down in the comments below.
Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro Specifications:
The handset comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display that has 1080×2340 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 450 nits of brightness, HDR10 screen, and more. It has an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU, 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage option that has a dedicated microSD card slot. It runs on Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11 preloaded.
The device packs a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 5MP (macro, autofocus, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. While the front features a 16MP (wide, f/2.5) lens that has HDR, Panorama mode. It sports a 5,000mAh battery with 33W fast charging support.
The Poco M2 Pro features a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, Infrared Port, FM radio with recording, USB 2.0 Type-C port, USB OTG, and more. It packs a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor, etc.