Amazon Prime Video, also known as Prime Video is one of the popular subscription-based video-on-demand over-the-top (OTT) streaming and rental services from the parent company Amazon. Even after having so much streamlined service, it seems that Amazon Prime Video subscribers are facing stuttering or buffering issues. So, plenty of subscribers are asking Why Does Prime Video Keep Buffering and How to Fix Slow Loading issues?
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely. Prime Video skipping, freezing, etc might gonna happen due to multiple possible reasons whatsoever. Something like poor internet connection, slower internet speed, outdated video application, temporary app or website cache data, lower content streaming quality settings, and more. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Why Does Prime Video Keep Buffering, How to Fix Slow Loading?
Why Does Prime Video Keep Buffering, How to Fix Slow Loading?
Luckily, here we’ve shared all the possible workarounds that you can check out one by one until the problem gets fixed completely.
1. Check your internet connection
Make sure to check your internet connection whether it’s working fine or not. Whether you’re using a wired connection or a wireless connection, it doesn’t matter. Just cross-check the stability and connection speed to sufficiently reduce buffering issues for online content streaming.
2. Switch the internet network
You can also switch the internet network from wired (ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) network on your device to check whether the problem is still bothering you or not. Try using other internet networks so that you can understand if actually there is an issue with your own connectivity or not.
3. Update the Amazon Prime Video app
It’s also recommended to update your Amazon Prime Video application on the handset because an outdated app version can trouble you a lot. To do so:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Search ‘Prime Video’.
- Tap on ‘Update’ > Once done, launch the Prime Video app and check for the issue.
- Open the Apple App Store application > Search ‘Prime Video’.
- Now, tap on ‘Update’ > Once done, launch the Prime Video app and check for the issue.
4. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
We’ll also suggest you simply perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to clear the temporary cache or networking glitch. Sometimes a glitch can cause several networking connectivity issues. To do so:
- Turn off the router first and let the LED indicators be turned off.
- Once done, make sure to unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Switch on the router and check for the issue.
5. Adjust Prime Video Streaming Quality
Sometimes higher quality of content streaming settings on mobile data can cause multiple issues with glitches, lags, freezes, etc. It’s better to check how much your internet bandwidth is capable of streaming content at which quality. If you’re using mobile data then setting the streaming quality to low or medium should be good. For Wi-Fi users, high-quality streaming preferences should be fine.
In some cases, issues with the Prime Video servers, bad weather in your location, a higher number of active mobile data users at the same time, etc might gonna conflict with buffering or slow loading issues whatsoever.
6. Disable VPN or Proxy Servers
Try disabling VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy servers before streaming Amazon Prime Video content because it may easily get detected by the region servers and the content streaming can get difficult due to poor latency or geo-restricted content streaming.
7. Use Google DNS Settings
You can try using Google DNS addresses on your mobile data or computer to stream Amazon Prime Video content because it functions as a recursive public domain name server all over the world by Google itself. So, the internet connectivity, server connectivity, streaming buffering, etc mostly can be sorted out. Head over to the network connection settings and edit the DNS address. Input 188.8.131.52 as Primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 as Secondary DNS then save changes.
8. Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video app
If the above methods didn’t come in handy for you then make sure to uninstall the Prime Video app and reinstall it to check for the issue. To do so:
- Tap and hold the Amazon Prime Video icon to bring the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. [You can also go to App Info and select Uninstall]
- Once uninstalled completely, just reboot your mobile.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store app > Search for ‘Amazon Prime Video’ and tap on Install.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Tap and hold the Amazon Prime Video icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu > Tap on Delete App.
- The system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not.
- Select the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Then open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type ‘Amazon Prime Video’ then search for it.
- Finally, tap on the Get button or simply tap on the cloud download icon.
- Wait for it to install completely and then start using it.
9. Contact Prime Video Support
If you’re still having some issues with the Amazon Prime Video buffering, skipping, and freezing then you can contact Prime Video Support for further assistance. It seems that there may be a content delivery network (CDN) issue appearing in your region or only to your profile for some unexpected reasons. Make sure to ask the support agent to create a resolution ticket and fix it out quickly.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.