This tutorial outlines the steps to fix the Razer Synapse lightning issues. Razer provides some of the best-looking mouse as of now. Well, we aren’t just talking from the aesthetics and build quality. The features are equally impressive as well. Furthermore, there also exists a standalone application known as Razer Synapse that is quite useful too. It gives you the ability to assign shortcuts and creates macros to take care of complicated tasks.
However, the app is prone to an issue or two. As of this time, we are seeing users complaining about lighting issues. To be more specific, the Razer Synapse isn’t able to change the lighting. The reasons for the same could be aplenty. It could be due to the faulty USB ports, using outdated software or maybe the installation wasn’t carried out in the correct manner. One or two files might have been left, thereby corrupting the entire app. In this regard, we will be sharing some tips to fix the Razer Synapse lightning issues. Follow along.
Fix Razer Synapse lightning issues
In this section, we will be mentioning around three different fixes for the said issue. Anyone of them should be able to rectify your issue. Check them out now!
Fix 1: Check for Faulty USB Port
One of the most common errors stems out from a faulty USB port. The easiest way to check for the same is to remove your mouse from the current port and connect it to a different one. You could also try switching from a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 port or vice versa. If that doesn’t work out, connect your PC to any other device and if it works perfectly, then the problem is definitely in the USB ports. However, if the issue turns out to be related to the mouse, you should try contacting the Razer tech support right away.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Razer Synapse App
It might be the case that a file or two might be corrupt. Or during the installation, there might have been a drop in your internet connection and some files might not have been downloaded. In such a case, you are bound to face the afore-mentioned issue. So uninstall and then reinstall the app to fix this issue. Here is how this could be done:
- Click on the windows icon and search for Control Panel.
- Head over to the Programs and Features section and search for Razer Synapse.
- Select it and click on Uninstall. Once that is done, download the latest version of Razer Synapse Software.
- Install it onto your PC and launch it. See if the Razer Synapse lightning issues have been fixed or not. If not, here is one more thing that you could try out.
Fix 3: Update or Reinstall Drivers
Old or outdated drivers might also be the cause of this issue. Therefore, it is recommended to update them to the latest version right away. Follow the below steps for that:
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Within that, head over to the View section situated at the top bar and select Show hidden devices.
- You should now see the Razer drivers. Right-click on the drivers and select Update Drivers.
- From the next dialog box that appears, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will search for the latest drivers and apply the same. However, if that doesn’t happen, download the latest version of the drivers.
- Select browse my computer for driver software and navigate to the downloaded software. That is it.
So this was all from this guide on how to fix the Razer Synapse lightning issues. Anyone of the three issues should fix the issue. Do let us know in the comments which one of them managed to rectify this error. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.