The smartphone industry is so much dynamic that each and every week or month, plenty of smartphones with different specifications, different price tag arrives from different manufacturers. All of them are trying to justify their price segment and the ‘value for money’ status and Realme is one of those brands. Meanwhile, under the sub-15K price range, Realme 6i is one of the latest and stunning handsets by Realme. Now, those who’re using the Realme 6i and waiting for the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update, should check this.
Talking about the Realme 6i handset, it features a 6.5-inches LCD display, Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0), MediaTek Helio G80 SoC, 3GB/4GB RAM, 64GB/128GB of onboard storage, 48MP quad rear cameras, a 16MP selfie camera, a 5,000mAh battery with 18W quick charging, and more. As the Android 11 official stable version has been released on September 08, 2020, the interested Realme 6i users are looking whether their handset will receive the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update or not.
Realme officials have recently mentioned that they will announce the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap publicly for its eligible devices. Although at the time of writing this article, there is no official announcement available yet, we will recommend Realme 6i users to have some patience. However, if you don’t want to wait further, you can always manually install the Android 11 GSI build on any of your Project Treble (Android 8.0 Oreo or above) devices.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
Android 11 is the 11th-iteration of Android OS and the most latest, the stable operating system for Android devices. Currently, the Android 11 (R) official stable version is only available for the 2nd-gen Pixel devices or higher to easily download and update it. Meanwhile, the beta build is officially available for a couple of non-Pixel Android devices like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, etc brands.
To recall, the Android 11 stable version got live on September 8, 2020, by Google just like every year. It not only improves the overall system stability but also offers other system improvements as well including plenty of visual changes in the UI elements. Let’s take a quick look below at some of the popular and useful features of Android 11.
Android 11 Features
- Prioritize your conversations in the notifications panel.
- Chat Bubbles can be used just like Facebook Messenger for any text messaging or chat messaging applications easily.
- Improved Voice Controls and access based on the texts or context.
- One-time App Permissions allows users to give access individually for each feature.
- Android 11 can easily auto-reset the granted app permissions on the device if not being used for a long time by the user (revoking access).
- Users can choose the Silent or Alerting system apart from the Conversation Notifications.
- Due to the Project Mainline support, Google now can easily and seamlessly push all the major security patch updates to the Android 11 running devices via the Google Play Store.
- The all-new redesigned Power Menu can be accessed by long-pressing the Power button on the Android 11 OS running device to not only get Restart, Power Off, Emergency options, but also the Google Pay feature, Smart Home devices option, etc.
- You can now also check back all the incoming notification history on your device within the 24 hours timeframe.
- The redesigned Media Player interface and control are more improved and slightly replaced by its situation on the notification panel along with the changing functionality of the connected device as well as volume.
- A much-awaited in-built screen recorder option can be found on the shortcut toggle area of the notification panel.
- Scheduled Dark Mode is another useful feature for most of the dark theme users with the option to set a time to turn on/off the dark theme automatically.
- Now, users can pin their favorite apps manually in the share sheet option which wasn’t available on the previous generation of Android OS.
- With the improved wireless Android Auto feature, now all the Android 11 running smartphones can use the head unit of the car easily and wirelessly. Previously this feature was only applicable to Pixel device users.
- Bluetooth will now work on all the Android 11 running devices even after enabling the Airplane Mode. As we all know that it still isn’t possible on Android 10 or previous generation Android OS running devices.
- Smart Reply and Smart Folders feature are also very useful to most of the Android 11 users which will intelligently suggest some of the recommended ideas to input.
Realme UI 2.0 – Overview and Features
Realme UI 2.0 is the latest stock UI for the Realme devices which is based on Android 11. While Realme promised that they will release the update roadmap to its eligible devices once Google releases the Android 11 OS stable version. So, as the Android 11 stable version has been released recently, we will expect that the Realme will come soon with the roadmap announcement.
The Realme UI is based on ColorOS 7 and runs on Android 10 while the Realme UI 2.0 is based on Android 11 and currently, available for some of the Realme X50 Pro units with the Android 11 Preview.
Realme 6i Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update Tracker
As per the software update policy by Realme and according to the previous trends, we can say that Realme mostly allows two major Android OS updates to its devices after launching. As the Realme 6i came with Android 10 out-of-the-box this year, it will receive not only the Android 11 but also an Android 12 update in the future.
So, there is no need to worry regarding the Realme UI 2.0 update or higher for the Realme 6i model. However, we have to wait for a few days or weeks until Realme announces the update roadmap for the Realme UI 2.0 officially. We’ll keep updating this article whenever new info available.
Till then stay tuned for more info. For further queries, you can comment below.