The smartphone industry is so much dynamic that each and every week or month, plenty of smartphones with different specifications, different price tag arrives from different manufacturers. All of them are trying to justify their price segment and the ‘value for money status and Realme is one of those brands. Meanwhile, under the sub-15K price range, Realme 6i is one of the latest and stunning handsets by Realme. Now, those who’re using the Realme 6i and waiting for the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update, should check this.
Talking about the Realme 6i handset, it features a 6.5-inches LCD display, Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0), MediaTek Helio G80 SoC, 3GB/4GB RAM, 64GB/128GB of onboard storage, 48MP quad rear cameras, a 16MP selfie camera, a 5,000mAh battery with 18W quick charging, and more. As the Android 11 official stable version has been released on September 08, 2020, the interested Realme 6i users are looking whether their handset will receive the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update or not.
Realme officials have recently mentioned that they will announce the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap publicly for its eligible devices. Although at the time of writing this article, there is no official announcement available yet, we will recommend Realme 6i users to have some patience. However, if you don’t want to wait further, you can always manually install the Android 11 GSI build on any of your Project Treble (Android 8.0 Oreo or above) devices.
What’s on Android 11?
Android 11 is the 11th-iteration of Android OS and the most latest, the stable operating system for Android devices. Currently, the Android 11 (R) official stable version is only available for the 2nd-gen Pixel devices or higher to easily download and update it. Meanwhile, the beta build is officially available for a couple of non-Pixel Android devices like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, etc brands.
To recall, the Android 11 stable version got live on September 8, 2020, by Google just like every year. It not only improves the overall system stability but also offers other system improvements as well including plenty of visual changes in the UI elements. Let’s take a quick look below at some of the popular and useful features of Android 11.
Android 11 Features
- Prioritize your conversations in the notifications panel.
- Chat Bubbles can be used just like Facebook Messenger for any text messaging or chat messaging applications easily.
- Improved Voice Controls and access based on the texts or context.
- One-time App Permissions allows users to give access individually for each feature.
- Android 11 can easily auto-reset the granted app permissions on the device if not being used for a long time by the user (revoking access).
- Users can choose the Silent or Alerting system apart from the Conversation Notifications.
- Due to the Project Mainline support, Google now can easily and seamlessly push all the major security patch updates to the Android 11 running devices via the Google Play Store.
- The all-new redesigned Power Menu can be accessed by long-pressing the Power button on the Android 11 OS running device to not only get Restart, Power Off, Emergency options, but also the Google Pay feature, Smart Home devices option, etc.
- You can now also check back all the incoming notification history on your device within the 24 hours timeframe.
- The redesigned Media Player interface and control are more improved and slightly replaced by its situation on the notification panel along with the changing functionality of the connected device as well as volume.
- A much-awaited in-built screen recorder option can be found on the shortcut toggle area of the notification panel.
- Scheduled Dark Mode is another useful feature for most of the dark theme users with the option to set a time to turn on/off the dark theme automatically.
- Now, users can pin their favorite apps manually in the share sheet option which wasn’t available on the previous generation of Android OS.
- With the improved wireless Android Auto feature, now all the Android 11 running smartphones can use the head unit of the car easily and wirelessly. Previously this feature was only applicable to Pixel device users.
- Bluetooth will now work on all the Android 11 running devices even after enabling the Airplane Mode. As we all know that it still isn’t possible on Android 10 or previous generation Android OS running devices.
- Smart Reply and Smart Folders feature are also very useful to most of the Android 11 users which will intelligently suggest some of the recommended ideas to input.
Must Read: Realme UI 2.0 Update: What’s New and All Eligible Device List
Realme UI 2.0 – Overview and Features
Realme UI 2.0 is the latest stock UI for the Realme devices which is based on Android 11. While Realme promised that they will release the update roadmap to its eligible devices once Google releases the Android 11 OS stable version. So, as the Android 11 stable version has been released recently, we will expect that the Realme will come soon with the roadmap announcement.
The Realme UI is based on ColorOS 7 and runs on Android 10 while the Realme UI 2.0 is based on Android 11 and currently, available for some of the Realme X50 Pro units with the Android 11 Preview.
Realme 6i Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update Tracker
Updated on May 12, 2021: Today Realme India started rolling the new beta update of Realme UI 3.0 for the Realme 6 and 6i respectively. It carries the build number RMX2002_11_C.05 (Realme 6) & RMX2001_11_C.05 (Realme 6i) which weighs 743 MB in size. It is rolled via over the air method in a phased manner.
- Optimized system performance and improved system stability
- Fixed the probabilistic some icons changing failure issue while switching the icon style to the dark mode
- Fixed the probabilistic screen flicker issue while applying font size
- Fixed the probabilistic vibration issue while sliding the smart sidebar
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that the recording list does not show the saving files
- Optimized the editing interface display of contact
- Fixed the probabilistic text display issue after export to contact
- Realme Lab
- Fixed the probabilistic automatic create the time list while switching to the dark mode
- Optimized the smoothness of continuous capture in Photo mode of the rear camera
- Optimized the smoothness of capturing photos in Video mode
- Optimized the smoothness of switching modes from Portrait mode to others
- Optimized the preview image effect of 10x zoom in Night mode in dark condition
- Fixed the probabilistic screen flicker issue while the camera recognizes faces
- Fixed the probabilistic black bar flashing issue while entering thumbnails after capturing photos in 64M mode
Updated on March 28, 2021: Realme India started rolling the new security patch update to the device with software version RMX2040_11.B.59. It is still based on Android 10 under Realme UI 1.0.
Updated on March 01, 2021: Today Reame rolled the Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 early access beta program for Realme 6i in India. The update is labeled with software version RMX2040_11_C.01. Check the changelog below.
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own.
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- High Efficiency
- You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Optimized the user interfaces of Notes: New visuals are provided on the list and editing pages.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimized “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
- Security and Privacy
- Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
- More powerful SOS functions
- Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- HeyTap Cloud
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the lens stain detection feature.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Realme Lab
- Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
Updated on January 28, 2021: Realme rolled the January 2021 security patch for the Realme 6i in India with software version RMX2040_11.B.55. The update is still based on Android 10.
As per the software update policy by Realme and according to the previous trends, we can say that Realme mostly allows two major Android OS updates to its devices after launching. As the Realme 6i came with Android 10 out-of-the-box this year, it will receive not only the Android 11 but also an Android 12 update in the future.
So, there is no need to worry regarding the Realme UI 2.0 update or higher for the Realme 6i model. However, we have to wait for a few days or weeks until Realme announces the update roadmap for the Realme UI 2.0 officially. We’ll keep updating this article whenever new info available.
Till then stay tuned for more info. For further queries, you can comment below.