Realme GT Neo 2 is the latest smartphone powered by a Snapdragon 870 SoC and packs a 5,000mAh battery. The device features a 120Hz E4 AMOLED display and a 64 MP AI triple camera setup at the rear. The device recently received its first major OS update to Android 12 on top of Realme UI 3.0. Finally, Realme started pushing their new major OS update, Realme UI 4.0 for the Realme GT Neo 2 5G based on Android 13. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G Device Overview:
- What’s New in Android 13
- Download Android 13 | Realme UI 4.0 Update:
Realme GT Neo 2 5G Device Overview:
The Realme GT Neo 2 5G has a 6.62-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2400 with a pixel density of 398 pixels per inch (ppi). While the display refreshes at a 120Hz, the deep blacks and increased contrast of the AMOLED display will provide for a really good experience. Inside the Realme GT Neo 2 5G is the Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585) processor which is a highly capable chipset when it comes to daily use as well as gaming. It comes backed up by either 8 or 12 GB of RAM which makes sure all of your frequently used apps are kept in memory.
The Realme GT Neo 2 5G features a triple-camera setup with a configuration of 64+8+2 MP and this system is quite capable of grabbing some really good-looking photos. The front-facing camera is a single 16MP sensor that captures insanely good detailed selfies. The Realme GT Neo 2 5G is powered by a 5000 mAh battery, it makes up for the charging speeds. The Realme GT Neo 2 5G comes with the company’s new 65W fast charging which is absolutely crazy.
What’s New in Android 13
Google has finally started rolling out its stable Android 13 update to the public. As expected, only Google has released the update to their Pixel lineup, but no OEM has started cooking a stable yet.
Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 12’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 12 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Android 13 Realme UI 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on September 04, 2023: Realme has started rolling out the latest security patch update to its devices, including the Realme GT Neo 2. This update brings improved stability, enhanced performance, and better security. For Realme GT Neo 2, the update is labeled on the software version RMX3370_184.108.40.2064.
Updated on March 19, 2023: Today, Realme rolled out its first Realme UI 4.0 update with software version RMX3370_11_F.03. The update comes with February 2023 security patch.
Download Android 13 | Realme UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: RMX3370_220.127.116.114
File Size: 5.5 GB
|No Download Link Yet!|
|Build Number: RMX3370_11.F.05
File Size: 5.5 GB
|Build Number: RMX3370_11.F.04
File Size: 5.50 GB
|Build Number: RMX3370_11_F.03
File Size: 4.8 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Realme GT Neo 2 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Realme UI 4.0 update based on Android 13 on your Realme GT Neo 2 5G, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Realme GT Neo 2 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone without root.
- Alternatively, if your device has TWRP Recovery installed, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Now, look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Realme GT Neo 2 5G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Realme UI 4.0 files on your Realme GT Neo 2 5G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method, or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Realme device recovery. Follow the guide link below to install the OTA update on the Realme device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Ensure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button.
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Realme GT Neo 2 5G, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes; if you see a green button on your flash tool, it means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Realme GT Neo 2 5G
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers.
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to a PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware; if not, select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! Remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.