In this tutorial, we will show you how to record your sessions on the AnyDesk application. This app is among the most commonly used remote desktop app. It allows you to remotely access a PC and other devices that are running this host application. Being supported across Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android, it takes the remote access functionality to new heights.
Likewise, File Transfer and Manager, VPN, Remote print, Chat Functionality, and Two Factor Authentication are some of its noteworthy features. Similarly, you could now also record sessions on the AnyDesk application. In this tutorial, we will list out all the instructions as to how this recording could be done, where these recordings are stored, and how to access them. So without further ado, let’s get on with the guide.
Recording Sessions on AnyDesk
Before listing out the steps, there are a few important points that you need to be aware of. To begin with, all your recordings will be stored locally on your PC only. These are saved under the .anydesk file extension and could only be accessed or played via the AnyDesk app.
You cannot convert this file to any other media type like mp4, etc. As far as recordings are concerned, you could make the app record either only the incoming sessions, only the outgoing sessions, or both of these sessions. With that said, let’s now check out the steps to record sessions on AnyDesk. Follow along.
How to Start the Recording
- Launch the AnyDesk app on your PC and head over to its Settings page.
- From the left menu bar, click on the Recording option.
- You will then see three different options. The first one “Start session recording when the session starts” will enable the Global recording option.
- Next up, the Record incoming sessions will make the app record only the incoming sessions. On the other hand, Record outgoing sessions will subsequently record the outgoing sessions.
- Likewise, you could also record active sessions on AnyDesk. For that, you just need to press the record button.
Accessing Recorded Files
- Once the recording has been done, you could then access the same quite easily as well.
- The file name for the same will have the Session type (whether outgoing or incoming) and both the clients’ Alias and ID as well.
- Furthermore as already mentioned, it will have the .anydesk file type. The default path for these stored AnyDesk session recordings will be
- You also have the option to change this location. For that head over to Settings > Recordings and from the path section, click on the Custom path. Then click on Choose and set the location of your choice.
- All these files could be played from within the AnyDesk app itself. It has an embedded player that will let you play all your saved recordings.
- This player also holds some other nifty features including the likes of Start/Pause, Fast Forward, Super Fast Forward, Skip to a certain point.
- On that note, to play these files simply double-click on them. Or you could also head over to the Session History icon situated at the top-right of your screen and carry out the aforementioned task.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to record sessions on AnyDesk. What are your views regarding the fact that the recordings could only be accessed via the app’s embedded player? Do you wish that they would have rather saved these recordings in other universal formats like MP4 so that other media players could play these recordings too? Or you are satisfied with the app’s baked in media player. Drop-in your views in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.