The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone launched in 2019. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 chipset, 4/6 GB of RAM and 32/64/128 GB of internal storage. If you are here, then you probably want to fix the IMEI issue on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8. So here in this guide, we have shared the guide on how to repair and fix the IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
These days smartphones become one of the most useful daily life things that people can’t live or work without it. Similarly, the smartphone industry and technology are growing aggressively which may not be thinkable for most people. One of the Chinese OEMs Xiaomi has proved themself one of the promising smartphone brands globally. Meanwhile, if we’re talking about mobile phones, then the IMEI number plays a major role as well. Now, if you’re using the Redmi Note 8 handset and facing issues with IMEI, you can check out the full guide on How to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
It’s worth mentioning that without the valid IMEI number, you can’t use your mobile device with the carrier. The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a set of a unique serial number that comes out-of-the-box for all the mobile phones or smartphones. It usually contains 15 digits serial number that identifies the device using cellular networks. You can also check the IMEI on your device by entering *#06# into the dial pad.
But some times the users may find the IMEI number invalid or null on their devices due to some unfortunate reasons. Either the device is bricked or corrupted due to flashing any third-party firmware or any other mod file. Mostly, the Android customization lovers end up with these types of issues by flashing any improper file or wrong method. Therefore, it’s necessary to repair or fix IMEI at first.
Redmi Note 8: Device Overview
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 was announced in August 2019 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 409 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports a 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Four-camera setup with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
Some times due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore IMEI number on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- Download Flash tool: QPST or QFIL Tool
- Download QCN Rebuilder
- Redmi Note 8 QCN File (zip) – Link
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Redmi Note 8 QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Redmi Note 8. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.
IMEI restored but still no network.