Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Huawei Honor 10. Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clocking, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention of root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have the access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Huawei Honor 10.
Huawei‘s sub-brand Honor launched their first iPhone X like Notch screen on Honor 10. The Honor 10 features a 5.84-inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone features a metal and glass back with a color changing aurora coating that changes the color of the phone depending on the angle you see it in. Apart from the aurora glass on the back, the Honor 10 sports a near bezel-less display on the front with a notch on top. The notch houses the selfie camera, ambient light sensor, and the proximity sensor.
Talking about the specs, Huawei Honor 10 features a 5.84-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels (19:9). The smartphone is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei Honor 10 comes with a dual camera with 16MP + 24MP on the rear and front mounted with 24MP camera for selfies. The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by 3400mAh battery with 5V and 4.5A Super Charge.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. However it may get confusing for you, so, thanks to XDA developer RogerXIII who did the stock boot patching and flashing. He is the one who brings this for all root fanatics. All you need to do is download the patched image file and flash it.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can root Huawei Honor 10. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Huawei Honor 10 Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock the device bootloader on Honor 10. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting wil block the OTA updates
Download Patched Stock Boot Image File
Here is the link for the same.Download Honor 10 rooted_magisk.zip
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Honor 10 only. Do not use it on any other Huawei or other Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Install Huawei Honor 10 USB Drivers.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Huawei Honor 10
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let’s begin by moving our phone into fastboot mode.
- Hold and long press Power button + Volume Keys for sometimes. Don’t release the buttons till you see the fastboot screen.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you’ve not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you are in the ADB folder, press right-click + shift key in the empty space. You will see the below dialog box popping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the command prompt opens up upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
- This command will return a device ID to confirm your device is connected properly.
- This is the important step. Type the exact command without quotes
fastboot flash ramdisk col-magisk-tlxx.img
- This will patch the Magisk ramdisk to your device and your phone will get rooted.
- The flashing may take some time. After flashing, you need to reboot the device. To do it, give the command,
So, that’s it. Now that you know how to root Huawei Honor 10, you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.
Will it work on huawei p smart?