Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy). Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clocking, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention of root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have the access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy).
A Chinese smartphone company, Xiaomi has launched their latest Android One smartphone in the Indian market on August 8th, called Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Codename: daisy). The Mi A2 Lite is a global variant of the Xiaomi Mi 6X which only available in China. Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite features a beautiful display of 5.84 inches with a small footprint, thanks to its notch. The display resolution is 1080×2280 pixels. Mi A2 Lite is powered by Snapdragon 625 chipset and can be bought with different configurations of 3GB or 4GB RAM options. Similarly, you are free to choose the 32GB or 64GB onboard storage option besides the fact that it has a dedicated microSD card slot. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a 3000 mAh battery.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock the device bootloader on Mi A2 Lite. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
Download Patched Stock Boot Image File
- V10.0.2.0.PDLMIFJ Patched Boot Image: Link
Extract and Use the Magisk Manager app to patch the boot image. Once you have patched the boot image, you can move the patch file to PC inside the ADB Folder.
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Mi A2 Lite only. Do not use it on any other Xiaomi or other Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Install Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite USB Drivers.
Instructions to root using Magisk
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let’s begin by booting our phone into fastboot mode.
- To boot into fastboot, press and hold the Power button + Volume Down Keys for sometimes.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you’ve not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you are in the ADB folder, press right-click + shift key in the empty space. You will see the below dialog box popping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the command prompt opens up upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
- This command will return a device ID to confirm your device is connected properly.
- This is the important step. Type the exact command without quotes
- Below command,
nameofimgis the file name of the patched boot image
- Type the following command to temporarily boot the patched boot image
.\fastboot boot <patched-boot-filename>.img
./fastboot boot <patched-boot-filename>.img
Replace the “patched-boot-filename” to the actual name of the downloaded patched boot image version3
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and install Magisk zip
So, that’s it. Now that you know how to root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy), you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.