Samsung Galaxy F42 5Glaunched in India with triple rear cameras, MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC and features a 6.6-inch full-HD+ display that carries a 90Hz refresh rate. In this guide, we will show you how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (SM-E426B).
What is Bootloader Unlock?
Bootloader unlock is a gateway for Android device users towards its unlimited possibilities of customizations and other features. By unlocking the bootloader, you can root your device (jailbreak), flash custom firmware, kernels, recovery and install third-party modules and apps, etc.
A Bootloader is usually locked on an Android device due to system security or privacy-related measures. As the Android OS is an open-source platform and anyone can do anything with it, the smartphone OEMs always want to stick to their skin and OS version that is specially developed and designed for their own device models. That’s why most of the OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader out-of-the-box.
Also Read: Download Samsung Galaxy F42 5G SM-E426B Firmware Flash File (Binary 1 U1)
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Device Overview:
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G features a 6.58-inch screen with a 90 Hz refresh rate. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2408 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the MediaTek DImensity 700 5G built on a 7nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G57 MC2.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple camera consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 5MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 sensor, and a 2Mp depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The single-camera at the front is an 8MP sensor paired with an f/2.0 lens. The rear and the front camera are only limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with One UI core 3.1 skin on top. The smartphone is available in two color options with 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage. There is a dedicated microSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. As for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging. The smartphone is available in two color options: Matte Aqua and Matte Black.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy F42 5G, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy F42 5G is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy F42 5G get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy F42 5G
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and has enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy F42 5G and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy F42 5G. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.