Updated on September 21, 2020: Today we have added the latest firmware flash file for the Samsung J2 SM-J200G which adds the latest security patch and bug fixes.
Do you want to flash the stock firmware file on your Galaxy J2 SM-J200G manually? If yes, then you are in the right place. Here we will list all the Samsung SM-J200G Stock ROM flash file collections along with the installation guide.
Why is this guide important? Well, suppose you have not received any new security patch update on your Galaxy J2, then this guide is useful for you. If your device is lag, facing a boot loop issue, or even death, then you can flash the official firmware file using this guide to save your device from hard brick. Even you can flash the official flash file on your Galaxy J2 to solve software problems or restore back to factory ROM settings.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200G Device Overview:
Samsung Galaxy J2 features a 4.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 and Exynos 3475 Quad coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB internal memory, which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J2 comes with a 5MP rear camera with autofocus and LED flash and a 2MP front shooting camera.
Samsung Galaxy J2 runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and a Removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy J2
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the Bootloop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Samsung Galaxy J2
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Samsung Galaxy J2
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200G Firmware File Collections:
|Build Number||OS||Security Update||Download|
Steps to Flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200G
Before we get straight to steps to Install Stock Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J2, let us take a look at the pre-requirements at first.
- This Guide is for Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200G
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable to flash a firmware.
- Charge your Galaxy J2 with a minimum of 50% battery backup.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy J2.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide of the Odin Flash Tool for Samsung devices. In order to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy J2, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
How To Flash Firmware File on Galaxy J2 Using Odin
- Download the appropriate Galaxy J2 stock firmware.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5″ format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC’ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.