Samsung Galaxy M52 5G launched in India as a premium mid-range 5G phone comes with triple rear cameras and a 120Hz Super AMOLED Plus display. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC, 7,000mAh battery, and packs up to 8GB + 128GB. In this guide, we will show you how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (SM-M526B).
What is Bootloader Unlock?
Bootloader unlock is a gateway for Android device users towards its unlimited possibilities of customizations and other features. By unlocking the bootloader, you can root your device (jailbreak), flash custom firmware, kernels, recovery and install third-party modules and apps, etc.
A Bootloader is usually locked on an Android device due to system security or privacy-related measures. As the Android OS is an open-source platform and anyone can do anything with it, the smartphone OEMs always want to stick to their skin and OS version that is specially developed and designed for their own device models. That’s why most of the OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader out-of-the-box.
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G Device Overview:
Samsung M52 5G features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 120Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L.
In terms of optics, we have a triple-camera setup at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we have a 32MP selfie sensor with an f/2.2 lens. The front sensor can capture only 1080p videos, while the rear setup can record 4K videos.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OneUI 3.1 skin on top. There are two storage variants of this smartphone with 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage. There is also a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. For powering the device, we have a 5000 mAh battery that supports 25W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Icy Blue, Blazing Black, and White.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy M52 5G, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy M52 5G is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy M52 5G get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M52 5G
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and has enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy M52 5G and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy M52 5G. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.