Today is a great day for all those who own a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active because the device finally receives Android 8.0 Oreo. Yes! Every carrier finally started rolling the Android Oreo update for Galaxy S7 Active. AT&T started rolling the update and soon other carriers will follow. The update brings all Android 8.0 oreo features along with Samsung’s own Experience skin version 9.0 for Galaxy S7 Active. The update is live now! You can now download the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the device comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy S7 Active runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 4,000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) and Qi/PMA wireless charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the front.
The upgrade is now rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users. The rollout is gradual and it might take a couple of days or months to accomplish every corner. Then you can install if you aren’t fond of waiting for Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade software version manually. Before that, we request you to test for the software OTA update. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software upgrade manually on your own apparatus. Before that, let’s brief about what is new in this OS:
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps.
How to Manually Capture Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Active it.
Download Firmware here
Download G891AUCU3CRE7 AT&T Firmware
Steps to Install Galaxy S7 Active Android 8.0 Oreo
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and Drivers:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:Complete Tutorial To Flash Latest Galaxy S7 Active Firmware Using ODIN Tool
So, that’s all you have to do. Go download the latest Galaxy S7 Active Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.
I can’t download ROM for S7 active, none of the llink give me access to a download link… Is there anything I didn’t understand ?