When you are making a video, the quality is what matters. Whether you are creating a video for fun or uploading on social media, there are different ways to make the video better. Suppose the background sound is too noisy, then you have to find methods to extract the audio track from the video. After removing the original audio, you can choose to add a new soundtrack of your choice to the video.
If you don’t know how to remove sound from a video, then do not worry. We have found the perfect methods for you to remove the original audio tracks from a video. You can use our methods to remove ambient noise, loud or distracting sounds. Continue reading to find more about the methods.
- Methods to remove audio track from a video:
- Method 1: Using VLC Media Player on Windows 10 computer
- Method 2: Remove the audio track from a video using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Method 3: Using the Movavi Video Editor on Windows 10 computer
- Method 4: Using iMovie to remove audio from a video on a macOS
- Method 5: Use free online websites to extract audio track from a video file
Methods to remove audio track from a video:
Here are the few methods to remove the audio track from any video by using this software.
Method 1: Using VLC Media Player on Windows 10 computer
If you are using a Windows computer, then the best application to remove the audio track was the Windows Movie Maker. But sadly, Microsoft terminated the built-in Windows Movie Maker utility. Still, there is a lot of third-party software that can help you through this process. The best among them is the VLC Media Player. It comes with various video editing functions. You can use the steps given below to remove the audio track from a video using the VLC Media Player.
- Download and install VLC Media Player on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open VLC Media Player and go to the Media option on the top right corner.
- Select the Convert/Save option.
- Then, choose “Add” and select the video you want to edit.
- Click “Open“
- You have to select the Convert/Save option again.
- Then, choose an Output mode.
- Under the Settings section, click on the Edit selected profile option.
- Click on the Encapsulation tab.
- Then, choose the category of video that you want to edit.
- Click on the Video codec tab.
- You have to tick the checkbox present beside the “Keep original video track” option.
- Choose the Audio codec tab.
- Deselect the checkbox beside the Audio option.
- Click on the Save option to save all the changes.
- Choose Browse beside the Destination File.
- Select a location and file name for the new file and press the Save button.
- When the Convert window reappears, click on the Start option, and your video file without the audio is ready.
Method 2: Remove the audio track from a video using Adobe Premiere Pro
If you have Adobe Premiere Pro on your computer, there is no need to try out any other software. It is easy to use and involves only a few steps to extract audio track from a video.
- Open Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Select File and then click on “New.”
- Drag the video you want to edit to the dashboard.
- Then, put the video in the Timeline.
- Right-click on the clip and select “Unlink.”
- Then, you have to choose the audio clips to delete them.
Method 3: Using the Movavi Video Editor on Windows 10 computer
Movavi Video Editor is a great video editing application. It comes at a reasonable price for its quality service. To extract the audio track from a video using Movavi Video Editor, follow these steps given below.
- Download and install Movavi Video Editor on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the application and choose the Create project in full feature mode option.
- Select the Add Media Files option.
- After you add the video that you want to edit, click Open.
- Then, you have to right-click on the clip to choose the Detach Audio option.
- Click on the original audio track on the Timeline and select Remove.
- Click on the Export tab.
- Then, select the Export video.
- Choose “Save,” and you have your video without the unwanted audio track.
Method 4: Using iMovie to remove audio from a video on a macOS
iMovie is a built-in utility found in the macOS. It is very simple to use, and it also provides an audio removal feature. Here’s a quick guide on how to remove the audio track from a video using iMovie.
- Go to iMovie and choose the Import Media option.
- After you import the video, you want to edit it, right-click on it and click on the “Select Entire Clip” option.
- Then, drag the video into the Timeline area.
- Right-click on the Timeline and choose the Detach Audio option.
- It will divide the video file into two different pure video and pure audio tracks.
- Then, you have to right-click on the audio track to Delete it.
- Click on “Export“
- Name the new video file and save it.
Method 5: Use free online websites to extract audio track from a video file
If you want to use free online websites to remove sound from videos, you can use sites like audioremover.com, kapwing, mute videos, etc. They don’t charge any money or take extra storage space on your computer like the third-party software applications; these websites only need a good internet connection. They also allow you to trim your videos, and they don’t leave a watermark on the newly formed video.
Whether you are using a Windows computer or Mac OS, you can use our methods to remove the audio track from a video. You can also use your smartphones or iPhones to do this job, but they are not going to come in handy when you are working on a large-sized video.
We have provided you with simple methods and a step by step tutorial. Now, you can efficiently perform them on your own. We hope this article was helpful. After reading this article if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.