Sonic Frontiers is a new game that has got Sonic fans rolling over. But since the game’s initial launch, users have been facing issues where the game is crashing unexpectedly. Any remedy is not helping at all. The issue of the crash only happens when players try to change the graphics menu settings inside the game.
According to multiple forum posts for Sonic Frontiers, the game crashing issue is related specifically to the PC release. Since the game runs in windowed mode as default, when players go to the settings tab to change the configuration, the game crashes.
- How to Fix Sonic Frontiers Crashing On Graphics Menu/Options, Can’t Change Graphics Options
How to Fix Sonic Frontiers Crashing On Graphics Menu/Options, Can’t Change Graphics Options
If you are facing issues where you’re not able to change graphics options for Sonic Frontiers, then you’re not alone. The same issue has been flagged to game developers by multiple players.
Currently, there are some methods that will help you to fix the problem momentarily, but keep an eye out for any software update patch to fix the issue.
Method 1: Run the Game as an Administrator
It’s quite possible that the game does not have access to the settings file which is causing the game to crash when you try to change any graphic settings. So try to run the game in administrator mode to fix the issue.
- Right-click on the game shortcut icon.
- Here choose the run as administrator option.
- This will run the game in administrator mode, check if you can access the graphics settings menu now.
Method 2: Update Game
Since the users have been facing these issues, the same has been informed to game developers as well. Till this point, the game development team is working toward a general fix. So after some time, you can expect several game patch updates to fix these problems. So keep an eye on such updates, and update the game at the earliest.
Method 3: Verify Game Files
This error might occur if the game files are missing or corrupted. So it’s better to check the integrity of the game files. To verify files from Steam, follow the steps below:
- Launch Steam and navigate to Library.
- Search for Sonic Frontiers and right-click on it.
- Select properties and go to local files.
- Now click on verify the integrity of the game files.
- After the verification is complete, restart your Check if the problem persists.
Method 4: Disable fullscreen optimizations
Since the game graphics setting is causing the crashing error, it’s quite possible that third-party screen optimization settings are causing the issue in the first place. One such service is fullscreen optimization present in the Steam settings engine. Here is how you can disable this service to fix the crashing issue.
- Open the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Sonic Frontiers > Click on Manage.
- Click on Browse local files > Head over to the Sonic Frontiers installed folder.
- Right-click on Sonic Frontiers.exe > Click on Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab > Ensure to click on Disable fullscreen optimizations to checkmark it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
Method 5: Set Graphics Preference
Many users across the Sonic Frontiers have found that changing the graphic preference in Windows settings can ultimately fix the issue. Here is how you can do that.
- Open Windows settings and navigate to Display Settings >> Graphics settings.
- Scroll down and choose an app set preference, then click on Browse button.
- Find Sonic Frontiers in the list and click on options.
- Choose the graphic preference here set to High performance.
- Once this is done, save the settings and restart your PC to see if it helps.
Method 6: Disable Third-Party Overlay Apps
There are multiple game helpers or overlay apps that can extend the functionality of the game. But these tools can hamper the game flow and also cause issues like you are facing. So make sure you disable any third party game helper tools you have installed on the system.
Method 7: Reinstall Game
If none of the above methods helps you, then it’s a good idea to simply re-install the game. Reinstalling the game will make sure all the game files are correct and intact and will fix any admin permission-related issues as well.
This brings us to the end of this guide for fixing Sonic Frontiers Crashing On Graphics Menu/Options. Once you follow the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods, you will be able to change Graphics Options inside the game easily. If none of them helps, it is recommended to uninstall the game and reinstall again.