It’s been a couple of days since Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 was released for the PlayStation 5 console developed and optimized by Sony Interactive & Insomniac Games. This sequel has already broken the previous sales record in the PlayStation industry and has become one of the fastest-selling games in the history of PlayStation. However, it seems that this action-adventure title has some bugs or errors that prevent players from enjoying the game. Meanwhile, Marvel’s Spider Man 2 Screen Flickering or Tearing issue on PS5 has become a major topic.
Well, apart from startup crashes or lags, several players are facing multiple graphical glitches in the gameplay. The chances are high that somehow your Marvel Spider-Man 2 bugs are causing several issues with the display such as screen tearing or flickering in most scenarios. Though SSD on PS5 helps Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 to load faster without any issues, the screen flickering issue becomes consistent. Now, if you’re also one of the victims then don’t worry.
- Fix Marvel’s Spider Man 2 Screen Flickering or Tearing on PS5
- 1. Restart Your PS5 Console
- 2. Update Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- 3. Check for System Software Updates
- 4. Avoid Overheating to Your PS5
- 5. Turn Off Performance Mode
- 6. Disable Ray Tracing
- 7. Set 60 FPS in Video
- 8. Disable Rest Mode
- 9. Use Rebuild Database
- 10. Reinstall Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
- 11. Contact PlayStation Support
Fix Marvel’s Spider Man 2 Screen Flickering or Tearing on PS5
There may be several possible reasons applicable behind the screen flickering issue on PS5 such as temporary glitches with the system cache, an outdated game patch version, an outdated system software, overheating issues, some performance-related settings, ray tracing in Spider-Man 2, corrupted database, conflicts with the game installation, and more. Luckily, we’ve managed to share with you some of the workarounds that should come in handy. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart Your PS5 Console
First of all, you should restart your PS5 console to refresh any kind of temporary glitch or cache data issue from the system. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system might help in eliminating bugs or glitches.
- Press the PS button on your PS5 controller.
- Select the Power icon from the menu.
- Choose Restart PS5 > Wait for the system to reboot.
- Make sure not to unplug the power cable from your console.
2. Update Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
You should check for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 updates by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game version. Even though the installed program automatically updates to the latest version whenever the console is connected to the internet, sometimes it may not complete updates. So, manually updating should come in handy.
- Head over to the PlayStation home screen.
- Head over to Games > Select Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game.
- Press the Options button on the controller.
- Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Wait for the update to complete and then reboot the console.
- You can also try to manage saved data, game data, and add-ons respectively.
3. Check for System Software Updates
We all know that Sony Interactive always try to push the latest software updates for PS5 consoles to fix bugs and stability issues. Therefore, it’s always recommended to check for system software updates manually by following the steps below.
- Connect your PS5 console to the internet.
- From the home screen, go to Settings at the top right side.
- Go to System > Select System Software from the left menu.
- Choose System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update Using Internet.
- You’ll need to wait for the PS5 system to check for available updates.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download & install it.
4. Avoid Overheating to Your PS5
It’s suggested to avoid overheating issues on your PlayStation 5 console because the hardware needs some rest to cool down. An overheated PS5 can cause performance drops, game running issues, crashes, and graphical issues. Powerful gaming devices are prone to overheating which we can’t deny. To reduce overheating, you can check the following aspects. Do keep in mind that consistent overheating can cause the PS5 console to shut down automatically to avoid hardware damage.
- First of all, touch your console to feel the temperature if it’s too hot or not.
- Then check for the dirt/dust or moisture that can trigger overheating.
- Next, you can listen to the louder noise from the cooling fan inside the PS5 console which may spin faster to cool down the hardware.
- Sometimes you may also receive warning notices on the screen due to overheating or unexpected program crashes constantly.
5. Turn Off Performance Mode
Make sure to turn off the performance mode on your PlayStation 5 console to check if the Spider-Man 2 game is having the screen flickering or tearing issue.
- Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Save Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Game Presets.
- Choose the Performance Mode.
- Select Game Default.
6. Disable Ray Tracing
Disabling Ray Tracing on the PlayStation 5 console can be one of the workarounds to easily fix graphical glitches up to some extent. Ray Tracing offers enhancement in visual quality in video games but can put too much pressure on resources. In that case, turning off the ray tracing feature can be crucial to get better performance over slightly reduced graphics quality.
- Launch the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game on your PS5.
- Go to the Settings menu in-game.
- Navigate to Graphics (Display Settings).
- Disable Ray Tracing and then run the game again.
7. Set 60 FPS in Video
You can try to set FPS to 60 instead of 120 to get a stable gaming performance overall. We all know that 120FPS can increase smoothness in the gameplay, but it also requires higher system resources which can put immense pressure on the hardware. As a result, the gaming performance can be affected by the graphical glitches. So, check out the following steps to turn off 120FPS in the game.
- Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Run Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 on your PS5.
- Select the Game Mode > Select the menu icon at the top right side.
- Go to Settings > Choose Video.
- Set 120FPS Mode to TURN OFF.
- Hit Apply and then check for the issue again.
8. Disable Rest Mode
Some of the PS5 console users did try this method and found it useful enough to fix graphical glitches. Rest Mode is like a Sleep Mode on PlayStation 5 that can be useful but after waking up the system might encounter some issues if the game is paused and resumed again. To disable rest mode:
- Open the PlayStation home screen.
- Go to Settings > Scroll down and select Network.
- From the Network Settings menu, go to Power Saving.
- Choose Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode.
- Select Don’t Put in Rest Mode.
Please Note: After disabling rest mode, your PS5 console won’t go into sleep mode (rest mode) automatically while in idle mode. So, you’ll have to manually enter into the sleep mode when you’re not using the console.
9. Use Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on PS5 will allow the system to find out potential issues related to the storage drive that might conflict with the games and cause crashes.
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear the second beep. This will boot your PS5 in Safe Mode.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- It may take a moment to display Safe Mode options.
- Then select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Choose Rebuild Database.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Finally, your PS5 will boot back to the normal mode again.
10. Reinstall Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
If none of the workarounds come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game on your PS5 console by following the steps below.
- Go to the PlayStation home menu.
- Select Game Library > Go to the Installed tab.
- Select Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
- Press the Options button on the PS5 controller.
- Select Delete > Select OK to uninstall it.
- Once done, restart your PS5 console.
You can also uninstall games from the PlayStation App:
- Open the PlayStation App > Select Settings.
- Choose Storage > Select Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 from the list.
- Select Delete Game > Delete.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the PS5 console.
You can finally reinstall the game that you’ve purchased digitally without having to purchase them again. You can check the progress of your download by heading to your Downloads/Uploads section.
- Go to the PS5 home screen > Go to Game Library.
- Select the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game that you want to reinstall.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Hit Download > Wait for the game to download.
- You can check the progress of your download by heading to your Downloads/Uploads section.
- Once downloaded, you can open the game.
11. Contact PlayStation Support
Last but not least, you can head over to the official PlayStation Support webpage to get further assistance from the experts. You can also carry your PS5 console to your nearest PlayStation service centre to get it checked and repaired (if necessary).
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.