Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software have just released Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered as a sequel or an improved version of the 2018’s Marvel’s Spider-Man title for the PC and PS5 editions. Well, this action-adventure open-world superhero video game is all about the same Peter Parker character who fights against crimes and iconic villains. Although it has received positive reviews for PC, some are facing a couple of issues and Spider Man Remastered not using GPU is one of the problems we will discuss here.
- Spider Man Remastered Not Using GPU, How to Fix?
- 1. Use a Dedicated Graphics Card
- 2. Update GPU Drivers
- 3. Close Background Running Tasks
- 4. Change Power Plan
- 5. Tweak In-Game Graphics Settings
- 6. Disable Overclocking of the GPU
- 7. Delete ‘SGA’ Prefix Game Files
- 8. Tweak Launch Options or Arguments
- 9. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 10. Reinstall Spider Man Remastered
Spider Man Remastered Not Using GPU, How to Fix?
Whenever the game doesn’t use the dedicated or external graphics card on your PC and starts using the integrated GPU, the chances are high that it starts experiencing some issues during launching or gameplay. Not only does the game stutter, but it also triggers graphical glitches, frame drops, crashes, etc. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue or somehow the game lags so much and keeps stuttering here & there, you should manually try fixing it.
Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should help a lot. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Use a Dedicated Graphics Card
Ensure that your computer system uses the dedicated or external graphics card to run the Spider Man Remastered game. It’ll eventually reduce game stutters, lags, and frame drops. If you don’t know which settings you need to adjust, then follow the steps below.
You can do the following if you’re using the Nvidia graphics card.
- Right-click on the desktop blank screen > Click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click on 3D settings > Select Manage 3D settings in the left pane.
- Select the Program Settings tab > Choose Spider Man Remastered from the drop-down list.
- Now, select a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
AMD graphics card users can do the following.
- Right-click on the Desktop blank screen > Select AMD Radeon Settings from the context menu.
- Now, click on System > Select Switchable Graphics.
- Make sure to save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
2. Update GPU Drivers
An outdated or corrupted graphics card driver can trigger multiple game or system performance issues. It’s highly recommended to check the graphics driver update. To do so:
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re currently using.
- Click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If the latest update is available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest graphics driver version and install it on the PC via the official website. Make sure to download the graphics driver file respective to your graphics card model and manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site, and AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website for the same.
3. Close Background Running Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage, reducing system performance. Hence, the startup crashing, lagging, and not loading issues often appear. Simply close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely. To do this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > to select tasks unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
4. Change Power Plan
It’s also highly recommended to change the power plan on the computer because the Windows system uses the Balanced power plan by default. But it reduces performance which can be improved by changing the power plan. Keep in mind that the performance plan can consume higher power. To do so:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel in the field and click on OK from the search result to open it.
- Now, search for Power Options (Power & battery) and open it.
- Click on Best Performance > Reboot your PC to save changes immediately.
5. Tweak In-Game Graphics Settings
You can also change the in-game graphics settings to check if the problem is still appearing or not.
- Launch the Steam client and then open Spider Man Remastered from Library.
- Click on the gear icon inside the Spider Man Remastered game to enter the Settings menu.
- Now, make sure to select ‘Turn off VSync.’
- Then set each option under Advanced Settings to the low or medium.
6. Disable Overclocking of the GPU
If, in case, you’re using MSI Afterburner or any other GPU overclocking software on your PC, then we recommend you to disable the overclocking option and uninstall the software to avoid GPU-related issues. Though the GPU overclocking function can help your system and hardware to run graphics-intensive games or programs much smoother, sometimes it may trigger multiple issues with the performance. So, you should try it out.
7. Delete ‘SGA’ Prefix Game Files
Sometimes some game files on the PC can also cause issues with the game launching or using any specific feature. Some reports suggest that Spider Man Remastered game files having the SGA extension are troubling the game files to run properly. Deleting all the SGA prefix files from the installed game folder is recommended to eliminate the GPU not working or not detecting issues. To do so:
- Press the Windows + E key to open File Explorer.
- Go to the Documents folder from the left pane > Open the Rockstar Games folder.
- Open the Spider Man Remastered folder > Go to the Settings folder.
- Here you can see three files with the SGA prefix. Just delete the SGA files.
- Once done, close File Explorer > Reboot the PC and try launching the Spider Man Remastered game again.
8. Tweak Launch Options or Arguments
Well, command-line arguments are additional (forceful) command prompts to the specific game client/launcher to run a specific game using a specified feature. That means if the game or the client cannot run any specific feature/option, you can run that forcefully by commanding arguments. So, you can follow the steps if the Spider Man Remastered game cannot detect or use the dedicated GPU or throws out the ERR_GFX_STATE error.
- Open your Steam client > Click on LIBRARY.
- Right-click on Spider Man Remastered from the left pane > Select Properties.
- Now, click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- Type -ignorepipelinecache in the field and select OK.
- Once done, make sure to launch Spider Man Remastered to check if the error is still bothering you or not.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open your Epic Games Launcher > Click on Settings from the bottom-left side.
- Scroll down to Spider Man Remastered > Tick mark the Additional Command Line Arguments checkbox.
- Type -ignorepipelinecache in the field and go back to the main menu.
- Run the Spider Man Remastered game to check for the issue again.
9. Verify and Repair Game Files
If in case, your installed game files have some issues with corruption or missing files, then the chances are high that you’ll encounter crashes, lags, stutters, GPU errors, graphical glitches, etc., on the PC. It’s always better to automatically verify and repair the game files from the game launcher, whatever you use. You can verify the files using the following steps for your specific game launcher/client. To do so:
- Open the Steam client on the PC and log into the account > Head over to Library.
- Right-click on the Spider Man Remastered game from the left pane.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Local Files tab.
- Then click on Verify Integrity of game files…
- Now, wait for the process to complete and close the Steam client.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Spider Man Remastered.
- Click on Verify, and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
10. Reinstall Spider Man Remastered
If none of the methods worked for you, try reinstalling the Spider Man Remastered game on the PC to check if that helps you fix the lagging or FPS drop issue due to not using a dedicated GPU (graphics card).
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Go to Library > Right-click on Spider Man Remastered.
- Select Uninstall > Click on Delete to confirm.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete > Exit the Steam client.
- Now, open the File Explorer application > Copy-paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on the address bar and hit Enter to search for the location.
- Go to the Spider Man Remastered folder and simply Delete the folder completely.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes > Open Steam Store and Reinstall the Spider Man Remastered game again. [Obviously, this may take enough time, but you should try it out]
- It should fix the lag or FPS drop issue completely.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.