Starfield is quite special in its own way because Bethesda Game Studios has developed its first new universe in over 25 years which is a great achievement. However, just like the journey, the game has some issues or bugs. Meanwhile, Starfield This Item is Not Yet Available Error is one of them. Bethesda has done an extremely good job by launching Starfield as the latest action-adventure role-playing game in September 2023. It features the space journey on different planets to explore the greatest mysteries.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter this specific error on the PC while trying to launch the Starfield game via Steam then you’re out of luck. We can’t deny that Starfield players are going through a lot of issues or bugs during the pre-purchase edition to date which includes crashes, lags, stutters, quest completion bugs, and so on. But the unavailability of the game even after purchasing and playing for a few hours can become frustrating to the players.
You can take a quick look at the ‘This item is not yet available’ error on Steam which appears all of a sudden and somehow feels the Steam server regarding issues initially. This specific bug seems frustrating because it eventually prevents Starfield players from launching the game. So, affected players are unable to play the game. There is no particular reason found yet by the players and we’re assuming that Bethesda developers aren’t aware of this issue right now. Still, we’re expecting that developers will soon investigate this error and provide a patch fix.
Fix: Starfield This Item is Not Yet Available Error
As we can see in the following report by a player on the Starfield subreddit forum, even after purchasing and playing the Starfield game for a couple of hours, suddenly the game says “THIS ITEM IS NOT YET AVAILABLE” next to the Play button. Not everyone is getting affected by this error but those who are already affected are unable to launch the game at any cost. Meanwhile, players have tried relaunching the Steam client and rebooting the system but nothing worked their way.
Fortunately, there are multiple workarounds provided below that should come in handy to fix such an error at your end. Ensure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Exit Steam and Reboot the PC
It’s highly recommended to simply close and exit the Steam client on the PC first. Then make sure to restart the PC to clear any kind of temporary system glitch or cache data issue. Some of the PC gamers found this trick helpful. So, you can also try it once.
2. Run Steam as an Administrator
Well, you should always run the Steam application as an administrator on Windows to grant the user account control permissions. It’ll avoid several crashes or in-game issues with the system admin privileges.
- Right-click on the Steam application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Update the Starfield Game
An outdated game version can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or availability on the library. Make sure to check for the pending game updates manually to avoid glitches or bugs in most scenarios.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Starfield from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update button.
- Now, wait for the update to complete.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply the changes.
4. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
Sometimes conflicts with the corrupted or missing game files installed on the PC might trouble you a lot when it comes to smoother game launching. So, make sure to perform the repair process of the game files by following the steps below.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Starfield from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the repair process to complete and then restart the PC.
5. Clear the Steam Download Cache
Another thing you can do is to clear the Steam Download Cache option from the Steam client by following the steps below. It’ll eventually delete the stored download cache from the game launcher to refresh the game downloading or installing glitches.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on the Steam tab from the top left menu.
- Click on Settings > Go to Downloads.
- Now, click on Clear Download Cache.
- If prompted, click on OK to confirm.
- Finally, click on OK to save changes & restart the Steam client.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.