Updated April 13, 2017 : Added the link to download official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S8 and you can use this guide to flash Stock Firmware for Galaxy S8 using ODIN.
Samsung has launched the most sexiest flagship phone few days back and today we will guide on How to Install Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S8. We will use the tool officially distributed from Samsung for flashing Stock ROM on Samsung device called ODIN. ODIN is a very popular tool to flash stock firmware on any Samsung device. So in this guide we will use the same tool to install Stock firmware on Galaxy S8.
Samsung Galaxy S8 features a 5.8-inch display with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The display on the phone protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos 8895 processor coupled with 4 GB of RAM and runs on Adreno 540 Graphics. The smartphone comes with 64GB of internal memory and can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Camera on S8 sports 12MP rear camera and 8MP front facing for selfie lovers. The smartphone runs out of box with Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by 300mAh battery.
Table of Contents
- This is for Samsung Galaxy S8 only.
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Download the right firmware for S8.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install theSamsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
ALSO RELATED POST
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Stock Firmware Collections – SM-G955F – Updated
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware Collections – SM-G950F – Updated
- How to factory reset Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 System Dump, Stock Apps, Tones and Themes
Steps For How To Install Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S8 using ODIN
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! When you restart your Phone you will have the new stock firmware installed on Galaxy S8. I hope you learned the procedure on How to Install Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S8 using ODIN.