Here we will guide on how to install Stock ROM On Moto E5 Play. Download the ROM and required files and then follow this guide.
In the budget smartphone world, Motorola has long been king. The Moto E5 Play proves you can get a decent smartphone experience for less than $100, though you will need to compromise on cameras and RAM. The device comes out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. If you own a Moto E5 Play smartphone and searching for the Stock Firmware then you are in the right place. Here I will guide you to install official stock ROM on Moto E5 Play smartphone.
Motorola Moto E5 Play Specifications:
|Display Technology||Display||IPS LCD|
|Screen Resolution||720 x 1280 Pixels|
|Screen Size||5.2 inches|
|Protected By||Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)|
|Operating System||Android 8.0 (Oreo)|
|Dust and Waterproof||No|
|CPU/GPU||Processor Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425/
Qualcomm MSM8920 Snapdragon 427
|CPU||1.4 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53|
|Expandable Up to||microSD Card support with up to 256GB|
|Camera||Rear||8 MP, f/2.0|
|Front||5 MP (MP = Megapixels)|
|Battery||2800 mAh Non-RemovableDual|
|Fingerprint Scanner||Yes, rear mounted|
|Other Sensor:||accelerometer, proximity, compass|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, Bluetooth, 4G voLTE, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, microUSB 2.0|
|Dimensions||151 x 74 x 9 mm|
This guide is simple and easy to follow. We have listed the Official Stock ROM for Moto E5 Play below. Download the required file to either upgrade or downgrade your Moto E5 Play. This guide is followed by a software known as ADB and Fastboot method which is simple and easy. You can just flash the firmware on Moto E5 Play using the ADB and Fastboot command. Follow the steps carefully to flash the firmware on Moto E5 Play using the guide.
We ask you to read the steps before doing something wrong. READ READ READ!! Once you are done! Now you can download the USB Drivers, ADB and Fastboot tool, and the stock ROM from the below Pre-Requisite note.
Guide To Install Official Stock ROM On Moto E5 Play
Download the ROM which we have listed in this table below. This guide is helpful to those who are looking to Downgrade or upgrade your smartphone. You can anytime flash the stock ROM on Moto E5 Play. This guide is also helpful to unbrick the phone (roll back the dead phone), you can install the Stock Firmware build to revert back to old version also. Also if you feel your Moto E5 Play lag or has an issue, then flash the stock firmware from the list below and save from situation. Stock Firmware doesn’t void a warranty on your Moto E5 Play.
Here are below for Android 8.0 Oreo firmware Update for Moto E5 Play. To install the Stock Firmware on Moto E5 Play, Please follow the guide and download the ROM, Moto E5 Play Latest USB Drivers and ADB and fastboot tool on your computer. This guide is for How to Install Stock ROM on Moto E5 Play smartphone.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Moto E5 Play
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Moto E5 Play
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Moto E5 Play
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
READ THIS CAUTION:
So before jumping into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk. Remember this guide is to update Stock ROM on Moto E5 Play.Related Post :
- Moto E5 Play Stock Firmware Collections [Sprint, T-Mobile and Cricket]
- Motorola Moto E5 Play Android 9.0 Pie Update
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Motorola Moto E5 Play (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto E5 Play [james]
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Download the Motorola Device Driver
- Charge your phone for at least 70%
- Backup your device just in case if you need it later
- You need either Laptop or PC
Required ROM Files
You can download any one of the above Stock ROM files
Steps to Install Firmware on Moto E5 Play:
There are two methods which you can follow. Check any of the methods, if the first method doesn’t work, you can simply follow the second method to install the stock firmware on Moto E5 Play.
Method 1:Guide to flash the firmware using ADB Sideload
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to install, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, don’t forget to take the full backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. [/su_note]
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto E5 Play firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto E5 Play into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto E5 Play to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the Shift Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Moto E5 Play.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Stock Firmware on Moto E5 Play. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave your comment down below.