In this guide, we will provide you with how to install stock ROM on Nokia 6.1 2018 (PL2) based on Android 9.0 Pie. It’s a mid-range Android smartphone that comes with Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 chipset. If you’re using Nokia 6.1 handset and want to install the Stock ROM for any reason, you can check out the full guide on the steps and requirements.
In order to flash the Stock ROM on your Nokia 6.1 device which is powered by the Qualcomm chipset, requires QFil Tool and some drivers, and a full guide. Here in this article, we will share with you the guide of installing stock ROM easily. The flashing steps are quite easily mentioned here. However, you can also check out the video tutorial as well in case you want a visual experience as well.
What is Stock Firmware?
A Stock ROM or Firmware is official software crafted and developed by the official manufacturer for a particular device. It will be stable and almost bug-free as well. The Stock ROM comes with necessary system files and applications which provides a better user experience than a Custom ROM.
Though a Custom ROM offers customizations and tweaks, it has some security issues possibly. You can’t really rely on a Custom ROM as compared to the Stock ROM.
The Advantages of installing Stock ROM:
Whereas, you can also fix some of the device issues as well:
- You can unbrick your bricked Nokia 6.1.
- It Fixes the boot loop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Nokia 6.1.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove the root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Nokia 6.1.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
- Device Model: Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
- Required Tool: Qualcomm Flash image loader Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 Chipset
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Gapps File: Included
- File: Stock ROM Update
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
First, you need to download the required files in order to start the flashing process. Here are the download links of the firmware file and QFil Tool file download links given below:
Download Flash Files
|Software Details||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: PL2-347C-0-00CN-B04
File Size: 2 GB
Android Version: 8.1 Oreo
|Download Link | Mirror|
- The ROM file is only for the Nokia 6.1 (PL2) handset. Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- You should charge at least 50%.
- Perform a device backup first before starting the flashing process.
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop for installing the drivers and connect your device for the flashing process.
- A USB cable for your device as well to connect your device to the PC.
- Now, download and install the Nokia USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download the QFil Flash Tool.
- If the QFil tool doesn’t work, please follow the second method to flash with Nokia OST Tool
Follow the links provided below to get a full in-depth guide on how to install stock ROM on Nokia 6.1 device easily.
Flash via Nokia Online Service Tool:
In case, if the above QFil Flash tool doesn’t work, then please follow the Nokia Online tool method to flash Nokia firmware on Nokia 6.1.How To Flash Stock Firmware Using Nokia OST
I hope this guide is helpful to upgrade or downgrade your Nokia 6.1 anytime.