Updated on December 03, 2021: Today Vivo started rolling the October 2021 security patch version for the Vivo S1 which carries build number PD1913F_EX_A_8.71.19. We have shared the download link to firmware along with the installation guide.
Here in this guide, we will share with you how to install Stock ROM on Vivo S1 (Model: PD1913F) based on Android 9.0 Pie. This is a budget Android MediaTek MT6768 chipset-powered smartphone that comes with decent specifications. If you’re using the Vivo S1 handset, then you can check out the full guide on the steps and requirements to flash Stock ROM.
Some of the users may experience soft brick or device boot loop issues while flashing any Custom ROM. That may happen during or after installing the Custom ROM or any mod files as well. Meanwhile, it’s necessary to revert to the stock ROM again to fix the temporary issue.
In order to flash the Stock ROM on your Vivo S1 (PD1913F) which is powered by the MediaTek chipset requires SP Flash Tool and some drivers, and proper guidance. Here in this article, we will share with you the tutorial of installing stock firmware easily. However, you can also check out the video tutorial as well in case you want a visual experience as well.
Stock Firmware and its Advantages
A Stock ROM or Firmware is official software crafted and developed by the official manufacturer for a particular device. It will be stable and almost bug-free as well. The Stock ROM comes with necessary system files and applications which provides a better user experience than a custom ROM.
Though a Custom ROM offers customizations and tweaks, it has some security issues possibly. You can’t really rely on a Custom ROM as compared to the Stock ROM. Whereas, you can also fix some of the device issues as well:
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo S1.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- You will get preloaded Google Applications as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo S1.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
- Device Model: Vivo S1 PD1913F
- Required Tool: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6768 SoC
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- File: Stock Firmware Update
- Gapps: Included
- New Firmware: PD1913F_EX_A_6.70.13
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo S1
Check out the pre-requirements and the download links of the firmware file and SP Flash Tool file given below:
- Firmware File:
- PD1913F_EX_A_8.71.19: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_8.71.11: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_6.70.13: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_6.70.12: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.8.6: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.8.1: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.7.17: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.7.16: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.7.4: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.6.8: Download
- PD1913F_EX_A_1.6.17: Download
- Download Smartphone Flash tool – Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest SP Flash tool on your PC
- Download VCOM Driver and install it on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones).
- USB Drivers: Download Vivo USB Drivers
- The ROM file is only for the Vivo S1 handset (PD1913F). Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50%-60% at least for a smoother process.
- Make sure to keep a device backup at first before starting the flashing process.
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop for installing the drivers and connecting your device for the flashing process.
- A USB cable for your device as well to connect your device to the PC.
- Now, download and install the USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download and install SP Flash Tool on the computer. it’s required to flash this ROM.
- Download and install MTK VCOM Drivers on your PC as well.
Follow the links provided below to get a full in-depth guide on how to install stock ROM on Vivo S1 device easily.Steps to Flash Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool
You can follow our full-depth video guide as well:
I hope this guide is useful to upgrade Stock ROM on Vivo S1.
Vivo S1 – Full Specifications
The Vivo S1 smartphone was launched in March 2019 and comes with a 6.53-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 × 2340 pixels and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by an octa-core MediaTek P70 SoC. The smartphone packs with a 6GB of RAM and 128GB of inbuilt storage that can be expandable via microSD card up to 256GB.
The Dual-Nano SIM handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box based on Funtouch OS 9. The device sports a 3,940 mAh battery and includes Wi-Fi, GPS, and USB OTG as connectivity options. While there are major sensors also available like accelerometer, ambient light, compass, gyro, proximity, and fingerprint sensor.
The Vivo S1 packs a 12MP primary camera (f/1.78), a secondary 8MP camera (f/2.2), and a 5MP camera with an f/2.4 aperture lens. On the front side, it sports a 24.8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens. While the selfie camera also supports PANORAMA, PDAF, and HDR mode as well. The S1 device measures 161.97 × 75.93 × 8.54mm and weighs 189.50 grams. It’s available in Blue and Peach Pink color options.