New Updated on May 16, 2021: Today Vivo started rolling the latest security patch version for the Vivo Y12 which carries build number PD1901BF_EX_A_6.71.55. We have shared the download link to firmware along with the installation guide.
In this post, we will tell you how to Install the Stock ROM flash file on Vivo Y12 PD1901BF. It will come in handy when your device is bricked, or it’s facing boot loops issue or any other bugs. The Vivo Y12 PD1901BF is a MediaTek MT6762 chipset-based device, we need to use the SP Flash tool to install the stock firmware on this device. We have put up the full guide for you with all the necessary steps.
Well, you might be facing the lagging issue, or maybe you tried to root your Vivo Y12 which did not go too well and you end up bricking your device. Whatever the case might be, one of the best solutions to fix your Vivo Y12 is by installing or flashing Stock ROM back on it. You can consider flashing Stock ROM like doing a Factory Data Reset on your Vivo Y12 running on stock ROM.
How to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y12 PD1901BF
Well, the answer is simple. Yes, Installing stock ROM on Vivo Y12 is quite easy. We will make use of the SP Flash tool in this process. This tool is also known by the name of Smartphone Flash Tool. There are many misconceptions regarding installing stock ROM. However, if it’s a first time flashing a ROM manually, then do not worry, we will guide you completely.
To make this guide convenient for our users, we are going to divide this into multiple segments. First, we will help you to setup device drivers and Flash software. Then we will begin with the actual flashing process followed by the downloading of the corresponding Stock ROM.
What are the Advantages of Installing Stock ROM?
Here are some of the advantages of installing stock ROM on your device:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Vivo Y12
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Vivo Y12
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Vivo Y12
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty
- Device Supported: Vivo Y12 PD1901BF
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6762 SoC
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
- Software Update: PD1901BF_EX_A_6.71.55
Guidelines to Install Stock Firmware on Vivo Y12
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Vivo Y12, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
- This guide will only work for Vivo Y12.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Charge the device battery up to 50% or more
- Take a backup of your Device. This includes any important files, media, contacts, emails, etc.
- Download the SP Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- VCOM driver: Download – Install the VCOM Driver on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Download and install Vivo USB drivers on your Windows PC.
Download Firmware Flash Files:
Here is the download link for the stock ROM for Vivo Y12
PD1901BF_EX_A_1.52.0: Not Available yet
PD1901BF_EX_A_1.19.7 | Download
PD1901BF_EX_A_1.15.20: Download [New]
Guide to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Y12
After you download the firmware for Vivo Y12 PD1901BF, you can now install the firmware. Here is the complete guide which you can follow to flash stock firmware on Vivo Y12.
So, that’s all guys. If you want to flash firmware to complete stock on Vivo Y12 then follow this guide. We hope that it is helpful for you.