Several Windows users have repeatedly been complaining that they are unable to use the third monitor with their PC. As per reports, Gaming enthusiasts or users who normally use a setup with three monitors said that their PC wasn’t able to detect the third monitor. Now, as per our research, the problem is common with such types of displays and not only with Windows 10, but it can arise even if the frequency is higher especially with older monitor models.
All Fixes for “Third Monitor Not Detected Issue”
Today, in this article, we have compiled a list of multiple fixes that will help you in resolving the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue. The fixes will also help if you are experiencing issues like- 3rd Monitor is Detected but not Displaying or Windows 10 Triple Monitor not Working. For more elaborated discussion, make sure you go through the entire solution guide below. Have a look:
FIX 1: Reconnect all the Monitors one by one:
One of the easiest solutions to help you resolve the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue is to reconnect all three monitors one by one. We recommend this because, at times, various technical problems can occur when you use more than one DVI to Display Ports.
Here, unplug the monitors in the similar order displayed in the Advanced Display Settings window and then Plug them one after the other afterward.
FIX 2: Check for updates:
If you have been experiencing the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue lately, then make sure your system is updated with the latest Windows version. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type Check for Updates and launch the relevant search result.
- Now on the Settings window, click on the Check for Updates tab under the option Windows Update and then proceed with the on-screen instruction.
- Once done, restart your computer and check whether the said issue got resolved or not.
FIX 3: Update your graphics card drivers:
Only installing the latest Windows updates does not mean that your system is up to date with all the required drivers, especially the latest GeForce driver. As studies show, GeForce Graphic cards often generated issues on three monitor setups and can be one of the responsible reasons for the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue. Here the best solution is to update the Graphic card driver and check whether it helps or not. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, navigate to the official website of NVIDIA and then install all the latest available updates manually.
- You can also use a dedicated third-party Driver updating software that will scan your system and find the required update automatically. This will not only ease down the process but will also take lesser time than the manual method.
FIX 4: Disable Integrated Intel card:
At times, some hardware conflicts between the integrated graphics card and your primary graphics card can lead to the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue. Her one of the most suitable solution is to disable the integrated Intel card and check whether it helps or not. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the Windows icon on your desktop screen, right-click over it and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Now inside the Device Manager window, expand the option Display adapters, right-click over the Intel graphics card and then select the option Disable device from the sub-menu.
- After that, try to reconnect the third monitor and check whether it is detectable or not.
FIX 5: Try to enable Set up Multiple Displays from Nvidia graphic cards:
For some users, the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue got resolved as soon as they tried enabling the Set up Multiple Displays from Nvidia graphic cards. You can also try the same by following the steps given below:
- To begin with, right-click anywhere on the blank space of your desktop screen, and from the context menu, click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Now inside the NVIDIA Control Panel on the left-pane menu, click on Set up multiple displays, and then on the right-pane menu, tick all the checkboxes for the monitors that you want to use.
- Further, save all the changes and then restart your computer.
- Lastly, reconnect the third monitor and then check whether it is detectable or not.
These were the top 6 tried, tested, and proven fixes for the “Third Monitor Not Detected” issue. If you use multiple monitor setups and the said issue frequently arises, then make sure you use any of the fixes mentioned above and resolve it at the earliest.
At the end of this article, we hope that the information and fixes mentioned here will prove helpful and relevant for you. If you have any queries or feedback then please write down the comment in the below comment box.