TWRP Recovery is probably the most used and most popular custom recoveries that we all know. For those who are quite accustomed to rooting and flashing custom ROM, etc. then, they know what is TWRP Recovery. However, for naive, the TWRP Recovery allows users to install custom ROMs/mods, take a complete backup of your phone, gain root access on your phone using Magisk Manager. Recovery like TWRP or CWM will always allow you to try most of the latest released Android OS on your phone before the official Stock ROM release.
However, you are required to have TWRP access before you can go ahead and root your smartphone. And for flashing the TWRP recovery image, you need to follow the guide properly to avoid errors. And if you happen to own a Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G and are looking for ways to download and install the TWRP Recovery on your phone then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G.
Note that this is the first unofficial build of the TWRP Recovery available for the Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G. Thanks to wzsx150, for compiling and releasing this TWRP Recovery. This build was specifically developed for the Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G but, can be used on Poco X2, as both the units feature the same hardware. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Now before we go ahead and install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G is charged to about 60% before installing TWRP Recovery to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
Unlock the bootloader
In order to install the TWRP Recovery on your phone, you need to make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your phone.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Install ADB and Fastboot tools
You need to install the latest ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC. For that you can follow the link mentioned below:
- File: TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G
- Download: Link
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G
Follow the step by step instructions mentioned below to simply install the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G:
- Firstly, download the TWRP Recovery from the above download section.
- Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools zip file and extract the components of it as well.
- Copy and paste all the files extracted from the TWRP Recovery zip files into the same folders where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools.
- By pressing the Shift button on your keyboard, open a Powershell or command prompt.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into the Fastboot mode. If you do not know how to do that, follow our guide here.
- Connect you Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G to the PC using a USB cable.
- Enter the below command in the Powershell or command prompt to make sure that your phone is detected by the PC:
- You will be given an ID that is unique to your phone.
- Now enter the below command to start flashing the TWRP Recovery on your phone:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30-CN-wzsx150.img
- Once the recovery has been installed on your phone, hold the Volume Up and Power buttons to force-reboot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
Note that this TWRP is meant for the Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G meaning that it is in Chinese. And in order to change the language of the TWRP Recovery, on the main screen of TWRP, press the third button in the second row (globe icon) to change the language in English.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to install the TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi K30 4G smartphone. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues while installing the TWRP recovery on your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!