The Samsung Galaxy A71 was released recently with upper mid-range hardware specifications like Snapdragon 730 chipset, 6GB/8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, 64MP quad rear cameras, and more. In this article, we will guide you on how to install the TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A71 SM-A715F.
TWRP recovery is probably the most used and most popular custom recoveries that we all know. For those who are quite accustomed to rooting and flashing custom ROM, etc. then, they know what TWRP Recovery is. However, for naive, the TWRP Recovery allows users to install custom ROMs/mods, take a complete backup of your phone, gain root access on your phone using Magisk Manager.
However, you are required to have TWRP access before you can go ahead and root your Samsung Galaxy A71. For flashing the TWRP recovery image, you need to follow the guide properly to avoid errors. And if you happen to own a Samsung Galaxy A71 and are looking for ways to download and install the TWRP Recovery on your phone then, you are at the right place as in this post, and we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A71 and eventually root using Magisk. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A71 Device Overview
- 2 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 3 Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- 4 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A71 SM-A715F
- 5 Instructions to Install TWRP
- 6 Root Samsung Galaxy A71 Using Magisk
Samsung Galaxy A71 Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy A71 sports a 6.7 inches Super AMOLED display with an FHD+ resolution i.e. with 1080 x 2400 pixels. It has a screen to body ratio of 87.2 percent, an aspect ratio of 20:9, a pixel density of 393 PPI. The display has also an under-display optical fingerprint scanner which also gets protects by this old Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Underneath the Samsung Galaxy A71, it sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 SoC and this SoC is built on the 7nm process. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 618 which is 30% faster compared to the old Adreno 616. The device has 6GB and 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. This is further expandable via a micro SD card up to 1TB. The device has a dedicated type SIM card slot where you can insert two Nano type SIM cards a micro SD card at the same time.
Coming to the optics, the Samsung Galaxy A71 has a quad rear camera setup which gets arranges in vertical setup ( in an L shape ) to the left of the device along with the flash module. This rear camera setup includes a primary 64MP In-house Samsung GW1 sensor with f/1.7 aperture value, PDAF, and also for Electronic Image Stabilisation ( EIS ). This sensor pairs with a secondary 12MP ultra wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture value. And, it has a tertiary 5 MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture value which will be used for taking portrait shots.
The Samsung Galaxy A71 packs a large 4,500 mAh battery that charges over a USB type C port. This battery also supports for 25W fast charging tech from the brand. Sadly the device doesn’t come with support for other charging facilities like wireless charging, reverse charging and many others. The device runs on One Ui 2.0 which is based on the latest Android 10. Coming to the biometric options, the device comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner and also face unlock. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC (market dependant), FM radio, and USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, and many more.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP Recovery is a useful and popular custom recovery, which is open-source software. The touch-screen enabled interface allows users to flash third-party firmware and back up the system or data easily like never before. For Android customization lovers or developers, a custom recovery is a much-needed tool or software.
Additionally, you can install the kernel, modules, root or unroot, take Nandroid backups, etc. Meanwhile, you can wipe system partitions, internal storage, data, cache, vendor, etc. very easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage, or OTG devices
- Install Custom Firmware
- Install flashable ZIPs and image files
- Partition wiping
- Delete System, Cache, Vendor, Partition, User Data, etc
- Install Root or Unroot by flashing ZIPs
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support depending on the device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A71 SM-A715F
Now before we go ahead and install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy A71 SM-A715F, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Samsung Galaxy A71 is charged to about 60% before installing TWRP recovery to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Activate Developer Options
To Enable the Developer Option on your device, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Then scroll down and go to About.
- Now you need to head to Software Information>> More.
- Here tap on Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “You are now a developer”.
You also need to enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option under the Developer Options menu. And to do that:
- Head over to Developer Options and toggle ON the USB Debugging option as well as the OEM unlock option.
Install ODIN tool
You need to install the latest Odin tool on your PC. For that, you can follow the link mentioned below:
Unlock the bootloader
In order to install the TWRP Recovery, you have to first unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A71.
Download Samsung USB Drivers
You can follow the link below in order to download the correct Samsung USB drivers for your phone.Download Samsung USB Drivers for Windows and Mac
Download TWRP Recovery
Here you will find the latest and TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy A71.
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Instructions to Install TWRP
Follow the step by step instructions mentioned below to simply install the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A71:Guide to Install TWRP Recovery via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Watch the Video Guide on Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on any Samsung Device
- Once the device booted into TWRP Recovery mode, you need to decrypt the data partition. In order to do it: Go to Wipe > Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then reboot to recovery mode again.
- Now, flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt, Magisk, and RMM Bypass zip one-by-one to prevent boot loops.
- That’s it. Reboot to the system finally. Enjoy!
Root Samsung Galaxy A71 Using Magisk
- Now you need to install the Magisk Manager APK on your phone.
- Place it in the internal memory on your device.
- Then head over to recovery by pressing the Volume up + Power button together.
- Make sure you have created a backup of your Samsung Galaxy A71.
- In TWRP, select Install and locate Magisk.zip and select the file.
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to install the TWRP Recovery and root your Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues while installing the TWRP recovery on your phone and then rooting it using Magisk. Until the next post…Cheers!