Samsung has just released the Galaxy A71 which packs in some decent mid-range specs. For instance, you get Snapdragon 730 processor with 6/8 GB of RAM, a massive 4500 mAh battery, a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, and up to 128 GB of onboard storage. In the camera department, you get a quad-camera setup with 64 MP in the back and a 32 MP selfie camera with (f/2.2) lens. Moreover, the Galaxy A71 also sports an under-display fingerprint scanner which is pretty common for every smartphone. And if you are looking for ways to unlock the full potential of your Galaxy A71 then, you are at the right place.
As in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader and root your Samsung Galaxy A71. Thanks to XDA Senior Developer, BK, for this method and sharing this with us. Note that this post is an in-depth guide on the complete root process for the Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone. We would recommend you to follow the guide carefully and stepwise to avoid any issues on your smartphone. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
How To unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A71
Keep in mind that once you follow this procedure to unlock the Galaxy A71 then, you will not be able to downgrade anymore. So, bare that in mind.
- Odin V3.14.1
- Latest USB Drivers
- Download Samsung Galaxy A71 Firmware: Samfirm | GitHub
Steps to Unlock the bootloader and Root Galaxy A71
Now there are two methods via which you can root your Galaxy A71 i.e. by unlocking the bootloader and by not unlocking the bootloader.
If You Want to Unlock the Bootloader
- Go to Settings then to About phone and find your build number.
- Enable the Developer Option on your device. To do this go to Settings>> About>> Software Information>> More. Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a message “Developer option enabled”.
- Now head back to Settings>> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings>> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Now you need to turn the phone off. Then boot Galaxy A71 in Fastboot mode. To do this hold volume down + power button together and your phone will boot in download mode.
- Long press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader. Notably, this will wipe off all the data stored on your phone.
If You Do Not Want to Unlock the Bootloader
- Firstly, you need to download and extract Odin and open it as an administrator.
- In the Download Mode,
– Click on BL and select BL_A715FXXXU1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_REV00_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– Click on AP and select AP_A715FXXXU1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_REV00_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar.md5
– Click on CP and select CP_A715FXXXU1AXXX_CP14483800_CL16843479_QB27603640 _REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 (If you want to keep your data don’t flash CSC).
– Click on CSC and select CSC_OMC_OXM_A715FXOXM1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_R EV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– Click on USERDATA and select HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_A715FXOXM1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603 640_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– Click on START and wait for installation, when done you can unplug your device.
Steps to Root Galaxy A71
Note that Your KNOX status will be discarded if you follow this method.
- Extract the SM-A715XX_1_EXAMPLE_0000000000_fac.zip file with 7zip or any other unzipper.
- Copy the (AP_A715XXXXU4XXXX_CL00000000_QB00000000_REV00_use r_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar.md5) file and transfer it to your internal storage.
- Download and install Magisk Manager APK.
- Open Magisk Manager and go to Install > Install > Select and Patch a file.
- Now navigate through the storage and select the extracted AP file.
- The firmware will be patched and you can find the file in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Transfer the patched file to your PC.
- Turn OFF your device and boot into DOWNLOAD MODE.
- Now, in Odin tool, you need to click on AP and select the patched tar file, uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click on Install
- The tool will flash Magisk on your Samsung Galaxy A71.
- Finally, to boot in recovery or boot the system with Magisk installed:
– Powering up normally → System without Magisk
– Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning → Release all buttons → System with Magisk
– Power + Volume Up → Bootloader warning → Keep holding volume up → Actual recovery
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to successfully unlock the bootloader and root your Samsung Galaxy A71. Note that your entire data will be erased so, follow the guide carefully to avoid any issues. Until the next post…Cheers!