Umidigi is a Chinese smartphone vendor which is based in Shenzhen City. This company was registered as a brand back in February 2012. Back in December 2019, the brand launched its new “A” series device which is the Umidigi A3X. The smartphone packs awesome specifications with a decent price tag. If you are here, then you may be looking for a firmware flash file for your UMiDIGI A3X. If yes, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will help you to flash the stock ROM file on UMiDIGI A3X by using the SP Flash tool.
We have shared all the pre-requisites files to download and install the stock ROM flash file on your device.
Table of Contents
UMiDIGI A3X Device Overview
The Umidigi A3X sports a 6.26-inch IPS LCD waterdrop notch Display with an HD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 19:9. That is this display has a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. Further, this display has a pixel density of 267PPI and a screen to body ratio of 81.19% with that waterdrop notch. The brand uses a 2.5D curved glass screen just like other smartphone vendors. Underneath the Umidigi A3X, it sports the popular budget chipset from the brand MediaTek, i.e. it has the popular chipset i.e. MediaTek Helio P22 chipset. We have seen this chipset on popular Xiaomi budget smartphone i.e. Redmi 6A and many other budget smartphones which came later on.
Coming back to the Helio P22 SoC, it is an octa-core SoC and has four Cortex A53 cores that are clocked at 2GHz, other four Cortex A53 clocked at 1.5GHz and pairs with PowerVR GE8320 GPU. The Umidigi A3X pairs with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 of Internal Storage. This is also further expandable via a micro SD card up to 128GB. The device has a hybrid SIM card slot i.e. you can insert two Nano-SIM cards at a time or a Nano SIM card and a micro SD card at a time.
Coming to the optics department, the Umidigi A3X has a dual rear camera setup. This dual rear camera setup includes a 16MP primary sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value and pixel size of 1.12 µm. This primary sensor pairs with a 5MP secondary sensor with f/2.4 aperture value. Further, this also comes with an LED flash and support for Digital Zoom, Autoflash, Face detection, and Touch to focus feature. To the front, the smartphone has a 13MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture value and it supports fixed focus.
The Umidigi A3X packs a 3,300 mAh battery which is a non-removable one. The brand claims that it has a standby time up to 288hrs (2G) on a single charge. The device runs on Leagoo OS which is based Android 9 Pie. It will be upgraded to the next Android version when it will be available. Coming to the dimensions, it measures around 76.5 mm x 158.3 mm x 8.6 mm and weighs about 174 grams. This smartphone is available in three color options namely Blue, Black, and Red. It has sensors like Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Light Sensor, and Proximity. Further, it has a fingerprint scanner and faces unlock for security measures. Connectivity options include, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, and FM radio.
Why We Need Stock Firmware?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your UMiDIGI A3X. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the UMiDIGI A3X Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from UMiDIGI A3X
- You can fix the boot loop issue on UMiDIGI A3X
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on UMiDIGI A3X
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
- You can unroot UMiDIGI A3X
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
- Restore UMiDIGI A3X back to Factory State
- Device Name: UMiDIGI A3X
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek
- Android Version: Android 10 Q
How to Install UMiDIGI A3X Flash File
Before installing the Stock ROM on your UMiDIGI A3X, you should download the firmware flash file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
- Supported device: UMiDIGI A3X
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool and UMiDIGI USB Drivers
- Firmware Flash File File:
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tool on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Once your load the SP Flash tool UI, Tap on Download option
- In the download tab, you have to load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- You will find the scatter text file inside the ROM package for most cases, if not, you can create a scatter text file on your own.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your UMiDIGI A3X, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- You need to wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- Once the flashing process completes, you will find a green button which means a successful upgrade.
- That’s it! You can reboot your UMiDIGI A3X
Follow our full-depth video guide below:
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your UMiDIGI A3X device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.