Just a couple of months ago, Samsung launched a budget smartphone for those who are looking to get a smartphone from Samsung at the lowest price possible. If you are looking for a non-Chinese smartphone and you don’t have much to spend, then this is the ideal choice. The M series from Samsung targets the budget segment, and the M01 core is no exception.
Have you bought the Samsung Galaxy M01 Core handset or planning to get one? If yes then you should be one of the active Android users who love to customize their devices a lot due to the facility of bootloader unlocking, third-party firmware flashing, rooting, etc.
To recall, it’s the first and the most important thing to unlock your device bootloader so that your handset becomes eligible to go through system-level customizations. Sounds great? Here you can check out how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M01 Core very easily.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy M01 Core Device Overview
The Samsung M01 Core sports a 5.3-inch HD+ TFT panel with an aspect ratio of 18.5:9. The phone is plastic built, and from the front, it does have some bezels too. Handling the performance is the MediaTek MT6739, which is an entry-level quad-core processor for smartphones.
Coming to the optics, we get a primary 8MP shooter with f/2.2 aperture that can shoot 1080p videos @30 fps. On the front, we get a single 5 MP shooter. There are two storage variants of the phone: 16GB+1GB and 32GB+2GB. There is support for MicroSD expansion on both of them though. Connectivity options for the device include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi Direct, 3G, and 4G.
There is no Type-C port here. Instead, we get the traditional micro USB port. We also get a modest 3000 mAh battery that should be enough to power this lower-powered phone. We do get the 3.5mm headphone jack here. The phone comes with Android 10 out of the box with the Google Go program. So there are no issues as far as updates for two years are concerned. There are three color variants for this phone: Black, Red, and Blue. The USP of this device is the price which starts only at around 5,500 INR for the base 16GB+GB variant, while for the higher 32GB+2GB variant you will have to pay about 1000 more. For the price of under 7000 INR, this is the best that you can get from Samsung.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy M01 Core, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy M01 Core is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy M01 Core get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M01 Core
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and have enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy M01 Core and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy M01 Core. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.