Today, In this guide, we will help you to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P9 device. Recently Huawei has stopped providing unlock code to unlock the bootloader on any Huawei device. If you still want to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P9 series, then this guide is for you.
On this page, we have given the third-party services to unlock the bootloader. Earlier unlocking the bootloader was free of cost. Well, in this guide, you have to pay the price ranging from 20$ to 60$ for the unlock code. Here are the few third-party sites which provide unlock code to unlock the bootloader on any Huawei devices. All you need is to provide them your device IMEI number, and they will send the unlock code within 14 days of the time period.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9
To unlock the bootloader on your device, you need to first get the unlock code. 2 years back, Huawei stopped providing unlock code to unlock the bootloader. In this guide, we will first use the DC-Unlocker, which is one of the premium services, to get the bootloader unlock code for your Huawei P9.
Getting your Unlock Code:
Step 1: First, open the DC Unlocker website and register your account.
Step 2: Download The Software called HCU-Client and install it on your PC.
Step 3: Make sure to download the Hisuite and install the drivers.
Step 4: Go back to DC-Unlocker and Buy the credits (4 Credits)
Step 5: Launch the HCU-Client and connect your phone.
Step 6: In your phone dialer, enter *#*#2846579#*#* select “Background settings,” “USB ports settings,” “Manufacture mode”.
Step 7: In your HCU Client, log into your account and click Read Phone Info.
Step 8: In your Unlock tab and tap Read Bootloader code. It will show you a warning that this process will wipe your device, confirm and wait for a couple of minutes. After few minutes, you will see the bootloader code.
Instructions to Unlock Bootloader
- Before unlocking the bootloader, make sure to enable the developer option on your device.
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings –> System -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now go to the Developer option in the settings and Enable OEM unlock.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot Tool on your computer and save it in C:/ Drive.
- In your adb and fastboot tool, you have to open the command window/PowerShell by holding the SHIFT key + Press the right click on your mouse.
- Turn off your phone and press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to open Fastboot mode or enter the command [to enter the command, you need to connect your phone to PC using USB Cable.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now unlock your device’s bootloader with this command line.
fastboot oem unlock ******
You need to replace the ****** with the unique unlock code which you purchased. Check your email!
- Once it is done, you can reboot your phone. Now you can install TWRP Recovery, Custom Kernel, Root, or even install custom ROM. Enjoy!
To boot into Fastboot mode, type the below command in the black window:
adb reboot bootloader
To Unlock, you can even type the command with the unlock code that you received from Huawei.
fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have unlocked the bootloader Huawei P9 smartphone.