Lenovo launched a low-end smartphone launched into the market known as Lenovo K5 Pro. The company also launched their extreme edition of S5 Pro with GT standard which comes with whooping 12GB RAM. Here in this guide, we will teach you on how to Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo K5 Pro (L38041). To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
Lenovo K5 Pro, a mid-range smartphone launched into the market. The device features a 5.99-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm) Chipset under 4/6 GB of RAM. The handset packs an internal memory of 64/128 GB and expandable memory is supported up to 256 GB. The camera on the Lenovo K5 Pro sports a Dual 16 MP(f/2.0, PDAF) + 5 MP(depth sensor) rear camera and Dual 16 MP(PDAF) + 5 MP(depth sensor) front-facing camera for selfies. All these features are packed by a 4050 mAh battery and under the hood runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide. Official Bootloader Unlock for Lenovo K5 Pro (L38041) will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo K5 Pro, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo K5 Pro (L38041), you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the Lenovo K5 Pro to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Go to https://www.zui.com/iunlock and get the unlock sn.img file and move it to the adb folder
Required Files on your PC:
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
- Download Lenovo USB Drivers
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo K5 Pro (L38041)
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now open the https://www.zui.com/iunlock and fill out the form with your device details
- Once you fill your email id and submit, you will receive the mail from Lenovo with the sn.img file.
- Download and move the sn.img file to the same adb folder.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot flash unlock sn.img
fastboot oem unlock-go
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!
I hope this guide was helpful to Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo K5 Pro (L38041). If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.
Good information I am looking forward to try open my phone..