Have you bought the recently launched Samsung Galaxy A12 handset or planning to get one? If yes then you should be one of the active Android users who love to customize their devices a lot due to the facility of bootloader unlocking, third-party firmware flashing, rooting, etc.
To recall, it’s the first and the most important thing to unlock your device bootloader so that your handset becomes eligible to go through system-level customizations. Sounds great? Here you can check out how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A12 very easily.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Device Overview
The Samsung Galaxy A12 is a budget phone, and there is no AMOLED here. Instead, we get a 6.5 inch HD+ TFT display. In terms of performance, we will see an octa-core processor here, but we don’t yet know anything specific about this processor. There have been reports saying that it is the MediaTek Helio P35, but we will have to wait till the launch to get the official information. This phone will come in three RAM and storage variants: 3GB + 32GB, 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB. There is a MicroSD slot for storage expansion of up to 1TB.
In terms of optics, the Samsung Galaxy A12 offers a quad-camera setup in the rear consisting of a 48-megapixel primary sensor with an f/2.0 lens, a 5-megapixel sensor with an ultrawide angle f/2.2 lens, a 2-megapixel macro sensor with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens. Towards the front side of the phone, we get an 8-megapixel shooter with an f/2.2 lens in a small notch.
The fingerprint sensor of the phone is located on the side of the phone. And this is not a 5G ready phone. So in terms of connectivity, we get only LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and all other essentials. Powering it all up is a 5,000 mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging. This smartphone will be available in four color variants: Black, Blue, Red, and White.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy A12, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy A12 is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy A12 get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A12
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and have enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy A12 and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy A12. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.