The M series from Samsung was a special lineup from Samsung targeting that Indian audience going for Chinese manufacturers like Xiaomi and Realme for a smartphone. Both Xiaomi and Realme provide value for money devices, and with that in mind, Samsung unveiled the M series. The M series did gain a lot of popularity as the pricing was very competitive, and the brand value of Samsung is something people can’t ignore.
Have you bought the Samsung Galaxy M21s handset or planning to get one? If yes then you should be one of the active Android users who love to customize their devices a lot due to the facility of bootloader unlocking, third-party firmware flashing, rooting, etc.
To recall, it’s the first and the most important thing to unlock your device bootloader so that your handset becomes eligible to go through system-level customizations. Sounds great? Here you can check out how to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M21s very easily.
Samsung Galaxy M21s Device Overview
A new addition to the M series lineup is the Samsung Galaxy M21s. It was officially launched on 5th November 2020. The M21s comes with a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED display with an FHD+ resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Inside the hood, we get the Exynos 9611 processor and 4GB or 6GB RAM options. In terms of storage, we get 64GB or 128GB of internal storage and a MicroSD expansion support of up to 512GB.
Coming to the camera, on the rear side of the phone, we get a triple camera setup. We get a 64MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens in that setup, an 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.2 lens, and a 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.2 lens. On the front side, we get a single 32MP sensor with an f/2.0 lens. The front camera is placed in a waterdrop style notch at the top.
Like other M series devices, with the M21s, we also get a massive 6,000 mAh battery with support for proprietary fast charging. We get all the basics like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G in terms of connectivity. We have an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor for sensors. The phone is available in two color options: Black and Blue.
Now before we go ahead and unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy M21s, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy M21s is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before unlocking the bootloader, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy M21s get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M21s
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network with internet access and have enough charge.
- Now, go to the device Settings menu > Wi-Fi > Connect to the network.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Check for firmware update from the Software update option and then download and install.
- If an update is available, install it first.
- Once done, you’ll need to enable the Developer Options on your device. To do this, go to the Settings menu > About phone > Software information > Tap on Build number 7-8 times until it shows ‘You’re now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings menu > Scroll down and tap on Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking [If prompted, allow it].
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume UP and DOWN button on your Galaxy M21s and connect it to your PC
- This will boot your device into Download Mode.
- Once in the Download/Recovery menu, press and hold the Volume Up key until you can see the “Unlock Bootloader” screen.
- Press the Volume Up key again to confirm the bootloader unlock process.
- If prompted that all of the device data will be deleted, just proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete and your device will reboot.
Now, you’re good to go for full-fledged customization on your Samsung Galaxy M21s. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment below. Till then stay tuned for more info.