Xiaomi has announced its new flagship phone, the Mi 8 — and yes, it’s the company’s first phone with a notch. Today we will guide you on How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 8 Smartphones. To flash or root and even install custom ROM you need to unlock the bootloader on your device. So here we will guide you to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 8 Smartphone.
Xiaomi has taken the stage and brought the latest flagship device to the Miseries with Mi 8. The device is a true champion that brings a lot of features with the iPhone X like a notch to the top. Recently, Xiaomi revealed that it sold 1 million units of its Mi 8 series smartphones in less than three weeks.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 8. Official Bootloader Unlock for Xiaomi Mi 8 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 8, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Specifications:
Xiaomi Mi 8 features a 6.21-inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2248 pixels with a 19:9 screen ratio. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The smartphone is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and Adreno 630 GPU. The phone packs 64/128/256 GB internal memory. There is no support for microSD card for expandable storage.
Xiaomi Mi 8 sports a rear camera with Dual: 12 MP + 12 MP with features such as 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash. The device has a front-facing 20MP camera for selfies. Xiaomi Mi 8 is running on the latest version of Android 8.1 Oreo under the skin of MIUI 10. It is backed by a 3400 mAh Non-removable battery.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with an Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
What you need:
1) Laptop or PC
2) Charge your phone to at least 70%
3) Backup your device just in case you need it later
4) Working USB Cable
5) Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
6) Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE
7)Download Xiaomi USB Driver
Watch this video: How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Phones
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 8
- To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8, You need to download the Mi Flash Tool First
- Extract the downloaded file MiFlashTool Zip
- Now Open the MiFlashUnlock from the folder that you extracted
- Click on Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- After Login, the validation process will start and you will get a message that “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! Now Click the “Go” button and it will take to the pagehttp://en.miui.com/unlock/
- You will see a blue screen in the page with text UNLOCK YOUR MI DEVICE
- Click the Unlock Now button
- In the browser you will be asked to log in with Mi Account again, So log in and Fill your details with your Mobile Number
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number on the browser to complete the process.
- You need to wait until your application is accepted.
- When your application is approved, you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Now confirm the OTP number on the Unlocking screen
- You are almost done. Now you will have the ability to Unlock your device from Mi Unlock Tool
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool from the extracted folder and now you should have permission to unlock the phone.
- Once your phone is connected, the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and your bootloader will be unlocked Start Flashing Custom Recovery, Custom Rom, and more.
I hope this guide was helpful to Unlock the bootloader on your device. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.