If you have been in the mix for the latest phones by Xiaomi, then you also might be interested to seek ways to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi CC9e. Well, you are here at the perfect one-stop guide! Read on to know more about how you can make your Xiaomi Mi CC9e even better.
The Xiaomi Mi CC9e was released not too long ago in the Chinese market of the underdog company we all know and love. While the phone hasn’t made its way to the global market, it will soon be available to all in the form of an Android One branded device – the Xiaomi Mi A3. The Xiaomi Mi CC9e is a budget-oriented device and will suit the needs of all kinds of people, those who want the best performance and also those who don’t want the beefiest of the specifications in the market and want to avail a good smartphone at a nominal price tag. Before we actually go deep into the bootloader unlocking process, let’s have a look at the Xiaomi Mi CC9e and everything that it has to offer.
The Xiaomi Mi CC9e sports a vibrant 6.08-inch notch approved display with a resolution of 720×1560 pixels. This makes content consumption on this massive and colorful display a pleasure. The phone is also powered by the Snapdragon 665 and comes baked in with 4 Gigs of RAM. This ensures that all tasks at hand will be performed smoothly, and even gaming intensively on this smartphone won’t be an issue. In the Chinese market, the phone comes out of the box with Android Pie running atop Xiaomi’s custom MIUI skin. All of this power is backed up by a massive 4030 mAh battery which supports fast charging as well. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Mi CC9e sports a triple camera setup at the back which includes a 48 MP primary lens, an 8 MP telephoto lens and lastly a 2 MP shooter for depth analysis. Overall, for the price tag of under $250, the Xiaomi Mi CC9e is a great offering.
What does Unlocking your Bootloader mean?
Before we proceed to unlock your device’s bootloader, let’s take a quick second to hover over what unlocking a bootloader really means. When your device comes from the OEM, it is deprived of any console control by the user. This means you cannot tamper with the software and the things inside the UI on your own just yet. However, by unlocking the device’s bootloader, you are granting yourself access to parts of your phone that were otherwise impossible to get to previously. This process requires a Windows computer with an ADB interface that can talk to your device in the fastboot mode. The most common ways of unlocking a bootloader include using a tool or using fastboot commands directly to ingest the codes inside of your phone.
Why should you Unlock your Bootloader?
There are a plethora of reasons as to why you might want to unlock your device’s bootloader. For instance, you can install custom recoveries like TWRP or CWM on your phone’s recovery partition which grants access to a lot more things furthermore. You can easily root an Android device with an unlocked bootloader, and as we know, a rooted device has many cool features you can play around with. Lastly, you will need a fully unlocked bootloader to flash any custom ROMs or zips on your device. Basically, you are granting yourself system rights by tampering with the state of your device’s bootloader – in a good way.
Unlocking your bootloader also means you can troubleshoot a lot more issues than ever before. For example, if your device goes into a boot loop or a soft brick, then the first step to revive it requires you to unlock its bootloader. Moreover, you can use powerful root applications like Magisk and Xposed Framework to sideload some really amazing third party extensions that will boost your device’s capabilities.
With everything out of the way, let’s begin with our guide. You will be needing a few prerequisites in order to unlock your phone’s bootloader first. Make sure you have everything that you need up and running. Without any further delay, let’s have a look at how you can unlock the bootloader on your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi CC9e
- You need ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC for this to work. If you haven’t already, follow our comprehensive guide to learn how you can ready up ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC.
- Make sure that you backup everything there is on your phone. Unlocking your device’s bootloader will wipe everything on your phone, including media. We recommend a thorough backup before beginning this process.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60% of the battery prior to beginning this process to avoid any unforeseen shutdowns in the middle of the task.
- You will also need the Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool installed on your PC.
- Lastly, you need a data transfer cable to connect your phone to your Windows PC.
- First off, you need to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, navigate to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number 7 times until you have enabled the Developer Options. Now head back to the main menu, scroll down and tap on Developer Options and then scroll down until you see the USB Debugging option, lastly tap to enable it.
- Secondly, you need to prepare your Xiaomi Mi CC9e to unlock its bootloader. To do this, navigate to Settings > Developer Options and then tap on the Enable OEM Unlock toggle.
- Now, open the folder where you had extracted the Mi Flash Unlock Tool. Launch the executable file to open the tool.
- Read the disclaimer, then click on Agree. Proceed to Log in using your Mi Account. If you don’t have one already, sign up for it.
- Once logged in, a screen displaying the message “You device isn’t supported by Xiaomi Unlock” will popup. Don’t worry yet, and click on Go. This will take you to the Mi Unlock page.
- Click on the Unlock Now button on the blue web page. You will be asked to log in to your Mi Account once again. Enter your credentials and proceed to enter your mobile number.
- You shall now receive a One Time Password or OTP on your phone. Enter the code to verify.
- You are now registered in the bootloader unlocking program! Your application will be verified in 3-5 days, so take a break and you should receive an email or text when it’s all over.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a new OTP on your phone. Return to the Unlock Page and enter the OTP to verify.
- Back on the Mi Unlock Tool, you can now proceed to unlock your device as it is now supported. Simply connect your Xiaomi device to your PC and press the Unlock button.
- The process will take a few seconds, and you should have an unlocked bootloader soon enough!
That’s all folks! Now you can proceed to install custom recoveries and enjoy Custom ROMs on your Xiaomi Mi CC9e. If you have any queries or problems regarding the guide, do let us know in the comments below, we’d be happy to help!