Added Latest version
Xiaomi provides an official unlock tool known as the Mi Unlock Tool for the users to unlock their bootloader. With this tool’s help, you can rest assured for unlocking the bootloader of any Xiaomi device safely and in an official way. Moreover, the newest version of the Mi Unlock Tool, which is the v4.5.813.51. Mi Unlocker Tool is used for unlocking the bootloader of any Xiaomi device after getting permission From MIUI official website.
This article will help you with the download of the official Xiaomi Mi Flash Unlock Tool. Besides, with this app’s help, you would not require to go around checking in different blogs for learning steps and methods to unlocking your bootloader of any Xiaomi device. All the Xiaomi smartphones used to come unlocked in the past, but now, Xiaomi has pulled the plug from it due to some security reasons, and now all the devices are coming locked.
However, you do not need to worry as we have got your problems covered and will help you with everything you need for unlocking your Xiaomi device in this article. So without further ado, let’s get straight into the article;
Table of Contents
- 1 Advantages of Unlocking the Bootloader
- 2 What is Mi Flash Unlock Tool?
- 3 Download Official Xiaomi Mi Flash Unlock Tool v4.5.813.51
- 4 Download Required Files
- 5 Official Changelog of the Update
- 6 Compatible Devices
- 7 Official Warning From Xiaomi
- 8 How to Use the Mi Flash Unlock Tool v3.3.525.23
- 9 Conclusion
Advantages of Unlocking the Bootloader
There are several advantages of unlocking a bootloader along with negatives as well. But, in a nutshell, these are the advantages you will gain if you unlock the bootloader of your device;
- Unlocking the bootloader will allow you to root your phone at any time.
- You can install any Custom ROM on your phone.
- Moreover, you can flash the files on your phone without losing any data.
- You can toggle with the system settings in detail and also install different mod APKs on your device.
- Remove the preinstalled bloatware, which is basically the pre-loaded applications on your device.
- You can Make Complete Backups of Your Android Phone or Tablet.
What is Mi Flash Unlock Tool?
Mi Flash Unlock Tool is the official tool by Xiaomi, that lets the user unlock the bootloader on their phones. Moreover, you can use this tool irrespective of any version of Xiaomi’s custom UI, i.e., MIUI. After unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone, you can go ahead and root your phone and install custom ROMs, modded apps, etc. on your phone to enhance the features of your phone. Previously, all Xiaomi phones used to come with a locked bootloader, but due to certain security reasons, Xiaomi locked the bootloader and gave the users an official Tool to unlock the bootloader.
Download Official Xiaomi Mi Flash Unlock Tool v4.5.813.51
Here is more information about this update and the Mi Flash Unlock Tool you need to know. The link for download is also provided in this section.
|File Name||Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.1030.37|
|File Size||22.61 MB|
|Supported OS||Windows 7/8/8.1/10|
Download Required Files
Official Changelog of the Update
- Added “clean all user data” option during the unlocking process.
- Added device driver detection option under “About.”
- Added “check for update” for Mi Unlock App under “About.”
- Optimize device detection and connectivity issue.
Given below is a list of the compatible device that supports Mi Flash Unlock Tool. In case one has any of the following devices, they can make use of the Mi Unlock flash tool to unlock the bootloader of Mi device;
Xiaomi Redmi Series:
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi A3
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi CC9E
- Xiaomi Mi CC9
- Xiaomi Mi 9T
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 8
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi A2
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 / 4 Plus
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi 6 Plus
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 / 5G
- Xiaomi Mi Play
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
- Xiaomi Mi 7
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Xiaomi Mi 4C
- Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Xiaomi Mi 4
- Xiaomi Mi 5x
- Xiaomi Mi 5c
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi Note
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi Phones
- Redmi K30
- Redmi K20
- Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi K20
- Redmi Note 8T
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi 8
- Redmi 8A
- Redmi 7
- Redmi 7A
- Redmi Note 7S
- Redmi Note 7
- Redmi Y3
- Redmi Y2 / Y2 Lite
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Redmi Go
- Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Redmi 6
- Redmi 6 Pro
- Redmi S2
- Redmi 6A
- Redmi 5 plus
- Redmi 5
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Note 5A
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi Note 5
- Redmi Note 3
- Redmi 3S
- Redmi 3S Prime
- Redmi 4
- Redmi 4A
- Redmi 4X
- Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite
Official Warning From Xiaomi
How to Use the Mi Flash Unlock Tool v3.3.525.23
Before we head straight to the steps on how to unlock your bootloader using this flash tool, you need to prepared with the below mentioned things;
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool from the link given above.
- Enable USB Debugging. You can do so by following; Go to Settings. Then go to About Phone and tap on MIUI Version for 7 times. Then again head to Settings>> More>> Developer Options>> Enable USB Debugging.
- Install good, reliable, and Working USB Drivers.
- Request Xiaomi for Unlock Permissions.
Send Unlock Request to Xiaomi
- Go to the Unlock Request page by clicking here.
- Click on the Unlock Now button.
- On the next page, log in to your MI Account. In case you don’t have an account, create one.
- Make sure that you are using the same account on your Xiaomi Device as well.
- Once you have signed in, fill in the form by entering your Name, Country name, Mobile phone number, and fill the captcha.
- Accept the disclaimer and then choose an appropriate reason for unlocking your device.
- Finally, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Your number will be verified through an OTP.
- You will be shown the risks involved with unlocking too.
- Moreover, in a few days, you will receive an approval notification via SMS.
- Note that this approval may take even more than 10 days. Just be patient.
Unlock Your Device’s Bootloader
Once you are done with all the procedures mentioned above, now you can safely do the unlocking of the bootloader in your device. Follow the below steps and make sure you do not skip any step as it may result in bricking or any permanent damage to your phone.
- To start off the procedure with, download and extract Mi Flash Unlock tool on your PC.
- Once extracted, open the program.
- You will be asked whether you agree with the conditions or not for using this tool. Just click “Agree” on the disclaimer.
- Now, sign in into your Mi Account that you have on the device you are using i.e. the one you mentioned to request for permissions to Unlock Bootloader.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be prompted that your device is not connected.
- You need to connect your device to your PC/Laptop with the help of USB Cable.
- Moreover, you also need to install the USB Drivers from the links mentioned above that is meant for your device.
- Connect your Xiaomi Device to the PC via good and reliable USB Cable.
- Now in the Fastboot mode, connect your device.
- You can enter into the Fastboot mode by switching off the device and then clicking the Power button and Volume Down button together.
- The unlock bootloader process will begin shortly. Just be patient till then.
- After the successful unlocking of the bootloader of your Xiaomi device, click on Reboot.
- Now that your bootloader is unlocked, you can proceed with rooting your device or unrooting it.
- Moreover, you can also flash Custom ROMs, Fastboot ROMS, install a custom recovery, etc.
So, there you have it from my side in this article. This guide will help you with unlocking your Xiaomi or Mi device easily and safely and officially. This tool is released officially by Xiaomi, and you need to get approval for unlocking your device. One important thing to note is that you need to give an appropriate reason for why you want to unlock your device as vague reasons might not get approval. Moreover, you also need to create a backup of all your files and data before unlocking your device as this procedure will wipe off all the data on your smartphone. Please let us know if this guide was helpful and comment down below if you have faced any issues with any of the above-mentioned steps.