Table of Contents
- 0.1 How to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
- 0.2 The New Update Changelog :
- 1 METHOD 1 : Steps for How to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually using System update method
- 2 METHOD 2 : Steps for How to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually using ADB Setup
- 3 METHOD 3 : HOW TO UPDATE TO ANDROID 6.0 MANUALLY USING STOCK RECOVERY ON ASUS ZENFONE SELFIE
How to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
Asus started sending the Marshmallow Update to Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL via OTA. Last time Asus also updated the ASUS Zenfone Max and Laser. Today Asus have made the Sweet Marshmallow update for Asus Zenfone Selfie also. The Update comes over the Air, If you have stock official build on Asus Zenfone Selfie then you will recieve the official marshmallow firmware for Asus Zenfone Selfie soon. Check your updates to see if you have received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Asus Zenfone Selfie. If you have not received the update over the air and if you can’t wait, then here is the steps to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually. Asus Zenfone Selfie came ot of box with Android 5.1 Lollipop and now you can update it to Official Marshmallow firmware on Asus Zenfone Selfie.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Asus Zenfone Selfie has many features and one kind feature is Doze mode which will increase the battery life on any smartphone by keeping the phone idle when not in use. If you are waiting for the update and you not yet recieved any notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can get the update manually by following the below steps.
The Marshmallow Update for Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
The New Update Changelog :
ASUS ZenFone Selfie software Image: V22.214.171.1242 for WW SKU only*
1) Update OS to Andorid M
2) APP2SD won’t be supported in Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Please move apps to the internal storage before system upgrade.
3) The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
Thanks for your support.
12. Snap View
4) Add new features and new apps:
– Google Calendar
– Google Messenger
– Motion Gesture
– Camera: Pano Sphere Mode
5)Remove Asus Email, Asus Calendar, Asus Messaging after Factory Reset. You could use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger for relevant services.
- Works only on Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL
- Your Phone must have 70% Of battery
- Make sure you are running stock version with no root or mods installed
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process wont loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What you need:
- You need either Laptop or PC or MAC
- Charge your phone to atleast 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZD551KL/UL-Z00T-WW-126.96.36.1992-user.zip?_ga=1.237858496.1128564270.1465304623″]Download The Marshmallow OTA here[/button]
If the above link doesn’t work, then CLICK here to Download from Official Website
METHOD 1 : Steps for How to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually using System update method
- Move the downloaded Zip file to the internal memory of your Asus phone (Not inside any folder, move it to root of the internal memory)
- If you have transfered the zip using USB Cable from Computer, then Unplug it.
- Now you will recieve a notification with “System Update File Detected”
- Tap on the OK Button to install the updates.( Restart Your Phone If The Notification Is Not Received )
- Once you complete the installation process, You Will Be On Android M
We Recommend to do factory reset after Installation
METHOD 2 : Steps for How to Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually using ADB Setup
- Extract the marshmallow zip and also keep the marshmallow zip file on the same ADB Fastboot tool folder
- First of all enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enable”
- Now in your Settings-> Open developer option and enable USB Debugging option
- Now Download the marshmallow update and extract it in a new folder
- Open the extracted Marshmallow update folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened to see if your USB Cable has connected properly or ADB has setup properly
- Open the Marshmallow folder and open the S3V3N_cmd file and type the following command in the Pop Command Window (If you can’t find then follow the below step)
flashall_AFT WW_ZC550KL_V 188.8.131.52 _M3.1.39_Phone-user.raw
- if the above step flashall is complicated then do the adb sideload by typing the command below.
adb sideload File_Name.zip
- Wait for sometime until the process is done ! Once it is done Reboot your phone
- Give it sometime until the phone and UI Settles.
- Enjoy the latest update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Asus Zenfone Selfie (ZD551KL)
METHOD 3 : HOW TO UPDATE TO ANDROID 6.0 MANUALLY USING STOCK RECOVERY ON ASUS ZENFONE SELFIE
- This is very important step : Download the Marshamallow FULL OTA File – Click here and Move the file to your internal memory on your phone and Rename it to Update.zip (not update.zip.zip)
- Turn your phone off.
- Now boot into Stock recovery by pressing ‘Power + Volume Down’ button.
- When your phone in recovery mode, Click apply update from sdcard and Select the downloaded update.zip
- Now wait until the process gets done
- Once it is done! Reboot the device
- That’s All!